Need help to fix tearing/stuttering
Question 
Hello,

I don't know how I can fix my stuttering/tearing problem. I read a lot and tired many different settings. But I still got stuttering/tearing in some scenes.

1. 720p mkv File. stuttering in slow but big camera moves over the scenery. Also some small tearing sometimes.

2. Normal 480p xvid. Car driving across the screen but it does not drive smoothly, it is stuttering over the screen. Sometimes small and sometimes with bigger stuttering.

I have dxva and vsync activated. I also tried "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" and the different A/V sync methods.

I don't think that my setup is to slow. I use a

ASRock E350M1 (AMD E-350, 2x 1.60GHz, GP: Radeon HD 6310, 4GB RAM, Win7 32Bit) and XBMC 10.1

and pressing O or with enabled debugging the CPU Load is 30% and no significant fps drops during playback.

Thank you in advance for any hint.
turn off settings like... vsync, Adjust display refresh rate to match video, Sync playback to display, etc

make you are using at least vs 11.8 of the AMD drivers (I've only tried 11.8 and prior - I found most versions prior to 11.8 had problems)

turn off all ATI video post processing settings.

see if that works.

If not, try uninstalling the ATI drivers, use Driver Sweeper to clean the left overs, then reinstall the drivers... ensure you reboot between each action
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I have done this. I installed Catalyst 12.1 and turned off all video and 3D settings in CCC. I also turned off all settings in XBMC.

Unfortunately nothing changed. Sad
sounds like you have one of two problems... bad OS install, or bad hardware.

I'd start by wiping the drive clean and reinstalling Windows
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Play one of the videos that gives you stuttering problems for a few minutes then stop the video and clsoe XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=Y18JqV78"></script>
I have almost the exact same problem.
Bought a Acer Revo L70 (E450 @ 1.65 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, HD 6320) with Win8 preinstalled and set it up with XBMC 12 Frodo.
It plays all files perfectly, up until a certain limit of filesize / compression.
For example; a 720p movie @ 2 - 3 GB works fine, a 720p movie @ 5.5 GB gets 3 - 4 FPS = unwatchable.

The strange thing is:
If I access my NAS-disk by Windows Explorer and plays a 1080p @ 16 GB version of LOTR, it works perfectly fine in Media Player Classic.

This leads me to the conclusion that XBMC is the problem, not the computer.
When pressing "O", the information claims that Hardware Acceleration is being used, but I suspect it otherwise...?

Here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/wX8hEHY.jpg

I would be EXTREMLY grateful for any tips!
(2013-02-26, 11:42)Entreri Wrote: I have almost the exact same problem.
Bought a Acer Revo L70 (E450 @ 1.65 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, HD 6320) with Win8 preinstalled and set it up with XBMC 12 Frodo.
It plays all files perfectly, up until a certain limit of filesize / compression.
For example; a 720p movie @ 2 - 3 GB works fine, a 720p movie @ 5.5 GB gets 3 - 4 FPS = unwatchable.

The strange thing is:
If I access my NAS-disk by Windows Explorer and plays a 1080p @ 16 GB version of LOTR, it works perfectly fine in Media Player Classic.

This leads me to the conclusion that XBMC is the problem, not the computer.
When pressing "O", the information claims that Hardware Acceleration is being used, but I suspect it otherwise...?

Here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/wX8hEHY.jpg

I would be EXTREMLY grateful for any tips!

different issue... most likely this is caused by ur audio settings...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help to fix tearing/stuttering0