HTPC -> TV Connection HowTo
Question 
Hello,
I'm building my first HTPC right now, and I'd like some tips on how to connect it to a HDTV TV.
I think I'm going to connect it with a HDMI->DVI converter, but what about audio? Do i need to connect the pc's mini-jack audio port to the TV? Huh

Thanks
I would suggest getting a video card that has HDMI out, and audio over HDMI. That way you only need the one HDMI cable going to your TV.
Plese include TV model and video card. tis info helps a lot.

Yes, HDMI audio is easiest, but 3.5mm audio out from your computer, then to the TV will work as well. I used to use a 3.5mm male to RCA (Red & WHite plugs) adapter fo rmy audio to TV.

If you need an an adapter, monoprice.com is an excellent place to get them. Their prices are great and shipping is very cheap. Though it's only really useful for North American orders.

But msot any electroncis store will carry 3.5mm-RCA audio.
Hi,
the TV is a Panasonic VIERA TX P50ST30.
About the HTPC I was still thinking about it, but leaning to one of those A6/A8 builds in the pinned topic..
On some tvs even those with hdmi it may not have rca in. I am currently installing a file server and two xbmc clients at my parents house, I needed 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable.

They have a larger Toshiba lcd over 50 inch I don't have the model at hand but I can get it if needed and a Viewsonic LCD which is 32" both lcds have 3.5mm audio jacks for vga and hdmi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC -> TV Connection HowTo0