1080p playback issues on eden
Hi.
I have windows xp sp3 and xbmc eden beta 3. I tried 1080p movie but i have problem with playback. I am having drop frames.

How to fix this??
Use hardware acceleration if you don't already do.
If you're relying on CPU power alone you might experience frame drops due to the single core nature of the current XBMC playback software.
boingman Wrote:Use hardware acceleration if you don't already do.
If you're relying on CPU power alone you might experience frame drops due to the single core nature of the current XBMC playback software.
DXVA2 is only available for Vista/Win7 users - the OP as an xp user would have to either use an external player or the DSPlayer branch.
You need DXVA support, however XBMC only supports DXVA on windows vista and higher.
Thx on fast reply.
This mean that i need to install win7 and xbmc.
Than go to System\Video\Playback\Allow Hardware Acceleration. Am i right?
Basically correct, yes.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
bobo1on1 Wrote:You need DXVA support, however XBMC only supports DXVA on windows vista and higher.

Sorry, I forgot about that.
XBMC is a very good reason to upgrade to Win 7. Smile
OK, Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p playback issues on eden0