6.1 surround
Thumbs Up 
any plans to support anything other than 5.1?
i've got a 6.1 cinema amp and when i select output to all no sound comes out of the rear center. although if i play a 6.1 film all is good so the xbox must be able to output in 6.1.
praps we could run a pole to see how many stereo, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 users we have.
you really want to send stereo sound to all speaker ?! strange idea ... dplii is far better ... if you got 6.1, you got dplii ...

( ... what you want in center rear ?! ... right or left channel ?! ... Huh )
i don't think the xbox supports anything more than 5.1 natively.

only passthrough will work, that means sending the audiostream directly from the source to your receiver, i'm sure xbmc already supports this. but when you select 'output to all speakers' it uses the xbox native audio functionality, and is therefore limited to 5.1.

i think 'output to all speakers' is an audiophiles nightmare anywaySmile

if you really want surround effects, use the mentioned dolby prol logic ii or any other matrix processor (circlesurround, neo etc) on your receiver/amplifier. i myself prefer not to mess with sounds most of the timeSmile altough applying some dplii music on an ambient track late at night can be very soothing Smile
(dantm @ may 18 2005,15:02 Wrote:i think 'output to all speakers' is an audiophiles nightmare anywaySmile
:agree:
yes, it is ... :nuts: ... and if you want some surround effect, has say dantm : activate dplii-ms ( or what you want ), if you like this ...
(seb.26 @ may 18 2005,16:06 Wrote:
(dantm @ may 18 2005,15:02 Wrote:i think 'output to all speakers' is an audiophiles nightmare anywaySmile
:agree:
yes, it is ...  :nuts: ... and if you want some surround effect, has say dantm : activate dplii-ms ( or what you want ), if you like this ...
...or logic7 if your amp supports it.  Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
6.1 surround0