[Release] uTorrentPlus - Remote downloading of Demonoid torrents
Hi all,

This plugin allows for remote downloading of TV and Movie torrents. The plugin utilizes the WebUI interface on uTorrent to send torrents from Demonoid, TPB, or xSpeeds to uTorrent for downloading. It allows for remote browsing and downloading torrents (I use it on the AppleTV 2 which doesn't have much hard disk space so I can download the torrents on my desktop server. It could be used with a MediaServer which has uTorrent installed.)

Install:
Enable uTorrent WebUI
Add uTorrent download folder to video sources (I added a SMB share from my AppleTV 2)
Install Addon
Fill in uTorrent host IP, User Name and Password to Addon Settings

Download:
https://github.com/whyjustin/plugin.prog...orrentPlus

Hope everyone enjoys.
Many thanks to the uTorrent plugin which got me started and gave me the idea. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89380

OBLIGATORY NOTE
Do not use this application for piracy. Torrenting is not illegal, however, downloading copyrighted material is. Nuff said.

2/19/2012 UPDATE:
Plugin rewritten to work with TPB. TPB allows for hotlinking so everything is working fine. I'm not a huge fan of TPB so I will be looking for other sources to add to this addon. As always, suggestions welcome.

2/20/2012 UPDATE:
Demonoid downloads have been readded as it is still working for some people. Added settings to select which sources you want to search/browse. Alpha support for xspeeds.

Full support for xSpeeds. Fill in account information in settings.

2/23/2012 UPDATE:
ALPHA Streaming support. Very dependent on when uTorrent downloads the file headers. Since the streaming function in uTorrent is not yet exposed via Web UI, there is no way to convince it that the beginning of the file is most important. Play with settings to make it work best for you. I have mine set to wait until the torrent in 100 (%) downloaded (yes, I know 100% download is not really streaming while downloading) and wait for 300 seconds. Most TV torrents will download in that time and while waiting minutes may seem excessive, I can start it streaming, go grab a drink and be back for the start. Play with it as I have gotten it to work with much less % downloaded, just depending on when those headers download.
reserved for future content
Thanks for this

How easy would it be for me to change the RSS feeds (that I assume you're using in this plugin) to a different site of my choosing? Would it be possible for you to add a setting in it to change the RSS feed, would make my life 10x easier!

Thanks again
Seems Demonoid has blocked direct downloading of their torrents from uTorrent. They now redirect to a details page when requested by uTorrent. I'll see if I can find a way around this or perhaps set it up for a new Torrent site. Any suggestions?
2/19/2012 UPDATE:

Plugin rewritten to work with TPB. TPB allows for hotlinking so everything is working fine. I'm not a huge fan of TPB so I will be looking for other sources to add to this addon. As always, suggestions welcome.
Your original script is working just fne for me with demonoid btw
jurm Wrote:Your original script is working just fne for me with demonoid btw

I will reimplement Demonoid alongside TPB. Perhaps the Demonoid servers blocked my IP for repeated requests while I was testing. Thanks for the info.
jurm Wrote:Thanks for this

How easy would it be for me to change the RSS feeds (that I assume you're using in this plugin) to a different site of my choosing? Would it be possible for you to add a setting in it to change the RSS feed, would make my life 10x easier!

Thanks again

As of yet I'm not using RSS. I'm crawling HTML and extracting torrent links. I'll look to see if there is a standard RSS feed for torrents and if so I can implement something like you've suggested.
Thanks for xspeeds support

Also have a suggestion, the utorrent webui supports RSS feeds right? Would there be a way to view these RSS feeds inside the plugin and trigger the download?
Hi,

Is this still working? Looking at an xbmc addon to stream torrent files just like pneumatic does for nzbs.

Cheers
Any way to add bitsoup.org (requires a login) to this? I love my XBMC but bitsoup functionality is a biggy for me. Would add a lot to the experience! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] uTorrentPlus - Remote downloading of Demonoid torrents0