The Trailers addon
Can someone explain what is happening when I'm using "The Trailers" addon and I get the error at the top saying Cache Full...... Can I clear the cache so that the entire trailer will buffer instead of having to buffer in the middle of the trailer? The first trailer that I watch loads and plays within seconds without buffering during playback.

Before you answer, I do have a high speed internet connection. My network is not the problem.....

Here is an example of the buffering within my log file

NEVER INLINE LOGS! mods.
Bump.....
added log file, please take a look
I've just tried playing the trailer using a .strm file, and it buffered for aaaaaaaages before playing. That's on an ADSL line with a 6MB/s download speed. I assume that for some reason this trailer must download really slowly.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I've just tried playing the trailer using a .strm file, and it buffered for aaaaaaaages before playing. That's on an ADSL line with a 6MB/s download speed. I assume that for some reason this trailer must download really slowly.

JR

I've noticed this to. Some trailers are fast and others are slow and they all come from the Apple server.
Even with a 20mbps ISP it sometimes takes several minutes to download it and others are really fast.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi Martijn

Could it be that your plugin is always accessing the US site of trailers.apple.com? I'm located in Singapore, using your addon it takes like 2-3 times longer to buffer any of the trailers than its own duration.

Using Mac OS X's Frontrow or Apple's website, even a 1080 HD trailer loads ~5 times *faster* than the trailer's duration. When I ping/traceroute trailers.apple.com, I can see it's an Akamai server in Singapore. So all the trailers are cached nearby, that's why it's fast using Frontrow or the browser. Why isn't that the case for your addon?

Other than that: I love your addon!

By the way, to overcome "cache full - cache filled before reaching required amount" error:

edit .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
add
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
inside <network>

Thanks
@ john.doe, won't that affect the overall performance when trying to stream stuff? In a negative way i mean...
On a similar note, anyone else have issues with slow response time in scrolling through the trailers. Seems like it takes 5 secs or so to go to the next one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Trailers addon0