XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Original File Names
Question 
Hello all,
i'm allready very satisfied with XBMC Eden Beta 3 but one thing is annoying:

How can i enable the original file name as they are on the windows filesystem to be shown in XBMC, even if they are scraped allready?
Exists there a hidden option or an add-on for this?
System -> Video -> File lists -> Replace file names with library titles
You are my man, thx!! Smile
I was also annoyed that xbmc didn't show filenames/foldernames in video-files and found the same solution earlier today Smile surprising they have this off as default Sad
It was a mistake that it was applied to files not in the library. It's since been removed (i.e. in RC1 you can leave the setting on so you get pretty labels for stuff you've scanned - useful if you want full metadata but to keep your file structure in preference to the movie library structure).

Amusingly, this feature has actually been in the tree for about 6 months - it was just activated via other means previously.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I am having problems trying to get this to work.
Movies are still shown in imdb/tmbd scraped titles, not by file name. I unchecked/checked the Replace file names with library titles, but will that apply to all new movies because it doesn't seem to change the existing/scraped ones..
Are you using the Files view or the Library (Movies) view to list your movies? That setting applies to the Files view only.
Thanks a bunch for pointing that out, I see the difference now. I guess I wont be able to use Movies and the filters it offers if I want to use original file names.
I guess it will be fine as long as I keep the folders in a Library so they can get scraped and info will be displayed.

Besides filtering options, are there any benefits of using "Movies" instead of "Files" as long as the folder is scraped?
With the Movies (Library) view, you can list your movies by genre, title, year, actor, director, studio, country, tag.
Yep, so that's what I meant by Filtering. Besides this there is no benefit of using "Movies" right? This way I can still use Files and same View options will be available.
I guess another benefit of Movies is that you can add multiple locations/folders/drives and all will be listed under same Movies screen. With this in mind, if Movies are in their own folders, this would make "Files" cumbersome to use, right? Good thing I did not folderize each movie like recommended....
Yes, the Movies view is not be bound by the physical layout of your folders/files. You get a centralized view of all your movies, regardless of how you've physically organized them and you won't have to drill down directories to access a specific movie file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden Beta 3 - Original File Names0