Password UPNP
Hey guys! I just have one question for you, is it possible to set passwords for the UPNP server on XBMC? I've looked through most of the settings and can't find anything that looks like it.

The reason for me wanting this is that I'm not sure if I'm exposed to the rest of the university when using this function. As you might think, the university does not look kindly on sharing copy protected material, and I dont want the extra bandwith usage.

I'm sitting on a openwrt router that authenticates itself using PEAP etc. While I'm quite sure im not exposed, I can't take the chance of beeing locked out.

Maybe there is a function that resembles windows' upnp server, which has you accept each device before gaining access to the files?

Thanks in advance Smile
Bumping this Smile
There is no password facility for the uPnP server. The best solution is to configure the firewall on your PC to allow only you access.

JR
if you run a standalone upnp server , like Twonk media or tvisty you can block access via ip address
jhsrennie Wrote:There is no password facility for the uPnP server. The best solution is to configure the firewall on your PC to allow only you access.

JR

Ok, this seems like a good solution. Would that enable me to force which static IP's get access? Could anyone explain to me how I do this? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to networking Smile

Thanks for the answers so far Smile
if your looking for high grade secure access to you server / content then firewall or other access blocking software maybe required

or share your content via samba and password the shares

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password UPNP0