ATV2 question
Should it be alright if I jailbreak on a windows computer although my ATV2 will be paired permanently with an Imac . Make any difference?

I have IOS 4.3 on my ATV, but since Ifaith isn't available on mac the only way I can save the SHSH blob 4.3 is using Ifaith on Windows. Otherwise , I will have to upgrade to 4.4.4 when creating the IPSW.

Thanks in advance.
It does not matter what os you jailbreak from. You would be advised to stay on 4.3 for the moment as there seems to be some performance issues that have come in the the newer firmwares.
Thanks for the reasponse.

When I open season pass and start to create an Ipsw (first step) it says restoring to 4.4.4 , which I do not want to do. Is this restoring the firmware to 4.4.4 when it says this or is it just giving you the firmware to update to this version if you want. I know in iTunes you can option click on restore (on Mac ) and select a file folder which has the firmware you want to load instead of the current 4.4.4

I guess my question is when you create an IPSW with seas0n pass when it says restoring to 4.4.4 is it overwriting the 4.3 firmware that is already on my ATV2?

I'm definitely trying to stay on 4.3
I have the ShSh blob from Ifaith for 4.3 now using windows XP
I think I see now. I do not have to connect to computer until it has created a IPSW, ( it's just downloading the latest software that I can restore to if I want) Connect ATV2 to computer after this has completed and then when I go into Itunes I can select the SHSH blob to which I want to restore to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 question0