Startup sliding animation
First, great work with the Aeon Nox skin, I like it a lot!

The animation when XBMC starts, when the menu "slides" into place is kind of slow and jerky.

I wish there was an option to either disable the animation or if it could be made much faster (near instantaneous).

I have OS X Lion, 2010 MacBook Pro with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB and Eden beta 3. Aeon Nox 2.0.0 installed from within XBMC.
bniswe Wrote:First, great work with the Aeon Nox skin, I like it a lot!

The animation when XBMC starts, when the menu "slides" into place is kind of slow and jerky.

I wish there was an option to either disable the animation or if it could be made much faster (near instantaneous).

I have OS X Lion, 2010 MacBook Pro with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB and Eden beta 3. Aeon Nox 2.0.0 installed from within XBMC.

Try this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ty_regions
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks, I have tried it with algorithmdirtyregions set to 1 and it makes no difference from what I can see.

Im not sure this is a performance problem.

Could be that the animation is set up to be displayed this way, and I just think its too slow moving.

Eye candy animations is great of course but they shouldnt slow down the UI.
All animations are smooths as butter but this one in particular is quite jerky even on my system. I'm running XBMC on a 2011 Mac Mini, i5 processor and 8GB of ram.
Depends on what you are running at startup. Like if you have update/clean library at stratup this will be hadr on your system. Also if you have several scripts running
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Depends on what you are running at startup. Like if you have update/clean library at stratup this will be hadr on your system. Also if you have several scripts running

Good point
I dont run update/clean library on startup and have no scripts or plugins enabled except for the ones that comes with XBMC Eden beta 3

Like I said, It doesnt look like a performance problem. I think the animation is done in a odd looking way, and my feature request is this:

Can the animation be optionally disabled or modified to look less odd?
It's intentionally slow to give time for the startup scripts to finish before the menu is loaded. It can be disabled of course, but would require editing xml's as I don't want to make a, imo, trivial option for this. Look in Inlcudes_Animations.xml for condition="Window.Previous(startup)" and condition="!Window.Previous(startup)" to see what needs to be edited. It's quite a few lines of code that needs to be altered.
Just to clarify, it doesn't look odd at all on my systems (otherwise I would have changed it already). It's just the same animation as normal, only slower.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup sliding animation0