LiveTV bumping scheduled recordings
Hi all,

Another question.... If i have a show scheduled to record on mythtv backend (on a NAS), but i'm watching LiveTV via xbmc (libcmyth), the scheduled recording never starts, and thinks it is recording even though it isnt.

Has anyone figured out the settings required for LiveTV not to interfere with scheduled recordings?

I've set the "Allow live TV to move scheduled shows" in the CMyth configure screen, and fairly sure i've set the corresponding setting in mythtv somewhere.

Has anyone else encountered this magic setting?

I've got a hdhomerun dual DVB, and have been using it heavily with mythtv combined FE/BE for years. Since the xbmc mythtv pvr addon goes via mythtv, surely the mythtv backend can shuffled recordings to the second tuner like mythfrontend/mythbackend does? Possibly i'm missing a setting here somewhere?

Cheers Nathan
Hi All,

After a bit of fumbling around, i have managed to get the xbmc-pvr to mythtv LiveTV working as i would expect.

Basically, there is an entry in the settings table in mythconverg called LiveTVPriority (from memory). This needs to be set to "1" to allow LiveTV to "bump" a recording to another tuner.

The problem I was having is that if you set "Allow LiveTV to reschedule" in the libcmyth addon configuration, when you start the addon it updates this setting in mythconverg to "1".

This isnt a problem, but it also updates the "hostname" to the name of the xbmc machine. The hostname must be set to the name of the machine running mythtv. In my case xbmc-pvr (asrock ion330) and mythtv (qnap nas 419) run on different machines, so the addon updating the setting in mythconverg was invalidating the LiveTV priority as far as mythtv was concerned.

Long story short... I disabled the "Allow LiveTV to reschedule" in the libcmyth XBMC addon, and restarted XBMC. I also made sure that the "LiveTVPriority" entry in settings in mythconverg was set to "1" and hostname set to the mythtv backend server.

Hopefully this information can assist in making the libcmyth configure radion button a little smarter to deal with split frontend/backend scenarios?

I think the author is tsp42? This is great work, very much appreciate your efforts!

Cheers,

Nathan
thank you!  Here it is 7 years later, same problem (really causing an adverse effect on the WAF!) and thanks to your post my myth/kodi is fixed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV bumping scheduled recordings0