XBMC minimize during playback
Hello

We run XBMC Eden Beta3 on W764bit and all of a sudden in the middle of a movie XBMC minimize and the desktop is visible. No sign of a balloon, any other notification...

How can I really force to have XBMC fullscreen for all the time?

Christian
Hello, this happened again, I already removed most apps from startup with MSCONFIG.

How can I really FORCE xbmc to stay full screen no matter what happen?
A debug log will tell you what app is grabbing the focus. For example if I run XBMC then switch to IE my log shows:

Code:
DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

JR
Thanks, but the programms running are required, I guess, I disabled most common progs. via MSCONFIG already. I actually only would have XMBC NEVER minimized. Is this not possible?

You should still start by checking to see what program is causing XBMC to minimise. Stopping that program grabbing the focus is by far the best solution.

By default XBMC uses a display mode that is fast, but that won't share the screen with any other app. So if some other app gets the focus, even for a moment, it forces XBMC to minimise. This is the cost of getting the fastest display speed.

You can configure XBMC to use a different display mode that will share the screen, sdo it isn't forced to minimise. Go to System settings, System, Video output and enable the setting "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". However because this slows the display you may notice some tearing or corruption when you play videos. Try it and see.

JR
I've experienced this problem for a while and have just fixed it so although it's an old post, might be helpful to others. In Task Scheduler in Ctrl Panel - System and Security - Admin Tools, I found that my printer was checking for updates constantly. I edited this and scheduled it to check at say 3.30am and whilst doing so, edited all the other tasks to run in the early hours rather than sporadically. I've just watched an hours tv and no issue! Hope this helps someone else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC minimize during playback0