Problems with my a8-3870 build
ok guys be gentle this is my first build of any computer.

SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard

AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor

Corsair XMS3 4GB ( 2 x 2GB ) 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit for Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms 4 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Seasonic SS-400ET 400W EPS12V 20/24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS 6PIN PCI-E 120MM Fan OEM

heres the problem. wanted to make sure all parts that i have recieved
worked. accordind to new egg video i put procesor and memory in mother board, connected hdmi to tv, hooked up the 2 power connections and attempted to jump to start up the system. I got nothing no fan from the power supply nothing on screen zelch. i then assembled it in the case hooked up all the cables and tried to turn on and still nothing. i searched youtube on testing power supply and used the paper clip to see if the powere supply was working. the fan came on, no i know that doesnt guarantee that it works properly but i dont have all the tools to check it properly.

Needless to say i am sad i spent more than i wanted to and i hope that i am not getting in over my head. This is to be my dream system and have been piecing it together for the last 2 months. i decided to get a replacement on the motherboard befor it was too late. will be getting it in about a week.
any sugestions:Sad:confused2::mad:
Make sure the CPU is seated properly and the latch is down. Make sure both motherboard power connectors are firmly attached, and read the motherboard manual to find which connector is for the power switch and attach it.

it's really as easy as that
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
read the motherboard manual again. Check the ram compatibility on the MB web site
lrusak Wrote:Make sure the CPU is seated properly and the latch is down. Make sure both motherboard power connectors are firmly attached, and read the motherboard manual to find which connector is for the power switch and attach it.

it's really as easy as that

did those things twice
lagledavid Wrote:did those things twice
Let me ask you this- did you properly grounded yourself before you handled the components? It's the major cause of failure for "DIY"!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Let me ask you this- did you properly grounded yourself before you handled the components? It's the major cause of failure for "DIY"!

Thanks for your response, I believe i did i kept touching metal to discharge prior to handling the board. I thought i took proper precautions.
I know its frustrating....BUT, dont give up!! I would recheck and triple check all power connections to MOBO an be absolutely sure the power connection to CPU is seated properly. When I put my first build together I failed to connect CPU power properly and the results were the same as yours...

GOOG LUCK!! Keep us updated...
CpTHOOK Wrote:I know its frustrating....BUT, dont give up!! I would recheck and triple check all power connections to MOBO an be absolutely sure the power connection to CPU is seated properly. When I put my first build together I failed to connect CPU power properly and the results were the same as yours...

GOOG LUCK!! Keep us updated...

thank you for your support i will keep you guys updated.
The power supply is not connected correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with my a8-3870 build0