Anybody ever use HDHomerun Prime and TVHeadend?
I'm wondering if these work together. Right now I'm running into an issue where dvbhdhomerun-utils seems to only think there are two tuners, even though there are three. Another thing is I don't even know what I'm supposed to do in TVHeadend to get it to see any channels. I don't know the technical specifics of what I'm using. I don't know how to find this out. I have FiOS and a cablecard, and in WMC this just works, and I have also created strm files and those just work, for all three tuners. But in TVHeadend I guess I have to know what a DVB Network and a Mulipex is, but I don't. So I have no idea what's happening there, and I haven't had much luck finding documentation for the TV Adapter portion of the configuration.
Has there been any updated on this? I see in the Openelec forum there was a post saying that the plugin has been updated to support three tuners. Also that the developer posted on the Silicon Dust forum that he is aware of the issue and plans on fixing it.

In addition to whether it works or not, I can't find instructions anywhere related to the Prime. Anyone use this combo?

I am currently using Mythtv .25 backend only and it chokes my Openelec box running the lates 3.0 beta so I'm hope TVHE is the answer.
I have been unable to get this combo to work; if someone can, would you please post detailed instructions?
I'm trying to hammer it out myself with the HDHomeRun Prime, and plan to update the XBMC Wiki PVR guide with lots of details. However, I'm also having issues getting TVheadend to work with it. My current plan of action is to figure out MythTV and see if that works, but so far it's been a bit of a nightmare...

However, one of the guys from SiliconDust have actually posted on our forums that they're working on making the HDHRP easier for XBMC-compatible PVR backends.
I just started looking into getting PVR setup for OTA signals, I am very excited about this development and product, thanks for all of the info!
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
(2012-12-04, 04:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm trying to hammer it out myself with the HDHomeRun Prime, and plan to update the XBMC Wiki PVR guide with lots of details. However, I'm also having issues getting TVheadend to work with it. My current plan of action is to figure out MythTV and see if that works, but so far it's been a bit of a nightmare...

However, one of the guys from SiliconDust have actually posted on our forums that they're working on making the HDHRP easier for XBMC-compatible PVR backends.

I'm looking I to TVheadend because myth was terrible. With both openelec beta 3 on atv1 w/ cHD card and Frodo for OS X running on a 2.4 Ghz core 2 duo w/ nvidia graphics it took out xbmc :-p. completely froze both systems each time.

The Apple TV I can understand but my iMac should have enough oomph to watch live tv.
I haven't been able to setup TVheadend yet because I can't seem to get crunchbang installed on my mac mini (GRUB errors :-( ) However I did follow the wiki instructions to use the strm generator and map all my channels (even encrypted ) from my prime to an xml document so I can use XMLTV settings in the TV Guide addon. I don't have recording capability, but I must say this pretty slick integration.

On my underpowered AppleTV running Crystalbuntu 1 w/ the cHD card menus are pretty snappy and I think it's using the cHD card because I'm watching HD channels no problem. It only takes a couple of seconds for full screen HD channels to show up after you select it to watch.

Overall this is so much more responsive than the EPG view using the myth PVR plugin on Openelec Frodo Beta. I can see it being a PITA to keep updating the xml document, but not a bad compromise.

I'm hopefull the PVR stuff will get sorted out and will be as responsive as this plugin w/ XML TV.

FYI - HDHomeRun Prime w/ Comcast Cable (Motorola CableCard) in the US w/ Apple TV1, cHD card (the new one that ends in 15) and Crystalbuntu 1.0. This setup works :-)
(2012-12-04, 04:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm trying to hammer it out myself with the HDHomeRun Prime, and plan to update the XBMC Wiki PVR guide with lots of details. However, I'm also having issues getting TVheadend to work with it. My current plan of action is to figure out MythTV and see if that works, but so far it's been a bit of a nightmare...

Look through this...

https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boar...ssage-6750
(2012-12-07, 21:56)Busenheimer Wrote: Look through this...

https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boar...ssage-6750

I'm ready to dig into this, but that link is a 403

Is this one correct? https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/HDHomerun

I noticed the TVheadend stuff moved to it's own board, but I'm not sure if the HDHomerun "How-to" works with the HDHomerun Prime??

My cable channels are copy-free, so they would work but I've never gotten around to setting things up with TVHeadend
Has anyone been able to get the hdhomerun prime w/ cablecard setup with tvheadend?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anybody ever use HDHomerun Prime and TVHeadend?0