Remote stopped working aptv2
My remote just stopped working tried the menu < and > method don't work tried even taking out the battery and it did respond but took me into a screen size selection loop. I'm thinking batteries but anyone else have a clue ?
Screen res selection loop is "Menu" and "+/up" for six seconds. If it was doing that when you weren't pressing those buttons then maybe something like water got in there, or it was dropped and the contacts are pressing even if the plastic isn't.
Ned Scott Wrote:Screen res selection loop is "Menu" and "+/up" for six seconds. If it was doing that when you weren't pressing those buttons then maybe something like water got in there, or it was dropped and the contacts are pressing even if the plastic isn't.

yes i did out of frustration have pressed all direction buttons to see if it will get a response....

so anyways i noticed evertime I insert the battery the led light blinks once and make a sound but thats it....no other response...

any ideas for a solution? imma just purchase new battery just incase that is the problem
soven Wrote:any ideas for a solution?

actually, there is. my brand new aluminum remote behaved the same after my 1year old son decided to drool into it... i had to disassemble it (you can google for the exact procedure), wash all the spit off, and let it dry.... after that, only one of the buttons behaved weird, so i had to disassemble it again, raise the sticky film that holds the small metal domes and clean under them with alcohol. now my remote works like new.(i'm still considering to get myself a harmony 300 as a spare, the cheapest and simplest of the harmony line, but that's a whole different story.
biGdada Wrote:actually, there is. my brand new aluminum remote behaved the same after my 1year old son decided to drool into it... i had to disassemble it (you can google for the exact procedure), wash all the spit off, and let it dry.... after that, only one of the buttons behaved weird, so i had to disassemble it again, raise the sticky film that holds the small metal domes and clean under them with alcohol. now my remote works like new.(i'm still considering to get myself a harmony 300 as a spare, the cheapest and simplest of the harmony line, but that's a whole different story.

lol my 2 yr old did have her hands on it momentarily without me noticing what she was doing...

thanks...
I changed the battery....and it did the trick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote stopped working aptv20