Audio issues with hdmi audio - none when using dac
Hi, for the longest time ive been having no problems using a mac mini 2011 connected via hdmi to my tv, and audio out via a usb dac connected to integrated amp. Today though as ive been packing up my audio system since im moving, i temporarily set my mac mini to use the tv's speakers by selecting hdmi audio in mac os x prefs and xbmc prefs. As soon as i set that, playing any kind of video file (tried youtube, mkv's, avi's, etc) results in the fideo being absolutely unbearable to watch. I'm not talking a stutter here and there or audio video out of sync over time, im talking 1 frame per 5 seconds stutter.

So i went into xbmc options and set the option off to change display refresh rate based on video file, and everything went back to normal. When i was using my usb dac non hdmi audio, my audio and video were both working flawlessly regardless of if i had display refresh rate switching on or off. In fact ive read people with issues using refresh rate adjusting, i had none of that. So the issue im guessing is something to do with hdmi out and 24 hz video, even though as far as i know youtube isnt 24 hz and thus i expected youtube to work fien despite the refresh rate switching option enabled.

And yes, i know a log is required, and i will post it as soon as my system is set up again, just thought id post here and see if this is a known issue or just specific to my system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio issues with hdmi audio - none when using dac0