Advice Needed on XMBC with ATV1
For a little over a year, XMBC with both Dharma and Boxee ran like a champ. Unfortunately, I have grandkids who love using the big screen menus in both while searching for either Transformers or Barbie movies (ages 3 & 7) and they somehow screwed things up which required a rebuild of my ATV. Did that and tried Eden v.2 and it sort of worked but I think I botched up something in the setup bc now I just get errors trying to connect to the network. I am using Launcher v.3.2.5 and Eden v.11.0 and Beta2. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to sort of clear the deck without re-patching my ATV1? What I mean is get rid of all XMBC/Eden/Dharma material and app so I can download and get a fresh start without re-patching the ATV.

2. I'm getting the hang of the interface on Eden and I'm OK using Confluence although I like Aeon's looks better. So is there a good solid build on Eden now and if an when I get adventurous, how do I switch to Aeon without bogging my system down with apps?

3. When you set up a scraper, and say you use IMDB are you limited to one (1) scraper or is there a way to use multiple scrapers?

4. It seemed that Dharma or Eden both took a long time to load (?) when selected as compared to Boxee. Is that normal or perhaps related to some bad install on my part? My media drive is a dedicated USB drive called Media-1 and its connected to my iMac, and the ATV1 is upstairs, but hard-wired using a 25' copper CAT6 cable right to my Airport Extreme, so I don't use wireless.

5. Right now, when I open Eden, I get five (5) menu boxes (Movies, Recently Added Movies, Files, Playlists, Video Add-Ons) on the top of the window and then in the lower RH corner an error message appears for a split second or so (Error: Script failed! Service Library autoupdate) and I'm not sure what that means. If I go into Movies, all my movies are listed, but it says "Remove Movie From Library" and "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library? so I leave it alone. If I go to the "Media-1" box, it thinks and then an Error message pops up saying "Operation Timed Out". Got to be something wrong because all the movies on that drive play just fine using VLC on my iMac.

6. Lastly... when Eden did work last week, I experienced lock-ups almost every 20 minutes while watching a movie, and the audio-video sync was way off and there's no way I know of to correct the sync while watching a movie. I have seen these movies before on both Boxee and XMBC Dharma and never had a sync issue. What's up with the lockups and sync... again my bad install?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me get this right.

Mike
I believe that EDEN is just going through some growing pains before it's all said and done and get EDEN 11.1?

But, regarding your network/ file not fond issue you may have to just dump all the movie files, by clearing the files through settings. Also, take a look at this tread; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118116.

-ATV420
Remember, Eden 11.0 isn't even out yet... it's only in beta.

Debug logs needed for us to know what's going on: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice Needed on XMBC with ATV10