SNES .spc sound files
i would like to see xbmc support additonal sound types, like snes .spc files, or any other game music files or files of anther type. does xbmc support .mod .xm .s3m .it. i haven't tried them yet.
.mod - yes. not sure about the others you list.

for anything else, we need source + someone willing to implement it. as snes sound files aren't particularly popular (didn't even know they existed) i doubt it'll be a high priority for anyone other than a fan.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

what about adding support for winamp .dll sound plugins. there is a plugin for winamp that allows winamp to play .spc file and plugins for additional sound types.
the modplayer supports alot of "tracker" formats. here's a list i pulled from the source code:

mod
amf
dmf
dsm
far
gdm
imf
it
m15
med
okt
s3m
stm
sfx
ult
uni
xm
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
winamp plugins are not gonna happen unless someone outside of the team takes it upon themselves to code it up.

there's various issues with it, and i don't think there's any point going into them unless someone is willing to look into it.

cheers,
jonathan

oh well, was just a though, too bad my turing programing in skills in high school didn't take me very far... lol... i really wish they had teach c++ or something other then the crappy turning...
there is definitely plenty of code available for playing spc/nsf and other videogame music files

here's a long list of players for the various files, and a handful of them have sources available too.

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/music.html

and here's a link to a whole load of the music files, this is one of the more complete collections online:

http://www.zophar.net/music.html

i, for one, would definitely love to see this happen
although not exactly on topic, it's related.

i just added a nsf (nes) codec to paplayer based on nosefart.

i want your feedback, in particular on one issue. since it's impossible to tell the length of .nsf's, they play for an infinite amount of time. i decided to define infinity to be 4 mins in this case. the most important reason for doing this is to have seeking.

if you feel it's too long, too short or that it's just too hackish (i can probably disable it and just have it have length 0 at the cost of seeking) please let me know.

would the file type allow some sort of length guessing from the file size ?
nope.

finding the length of an nsf is sort of like asking

'when does a computer-program loop'.

the music is opcodes and it loops all the time (individually per channel etc)

only way to do it is manually setting it (but then you would need nsfe support which nosefart does not provide afaik)
added a spc codec to paplayer.

based on snes9x's apu. supports id666 tags.

spiff
in related news:

added a gym (genesis music file) codec based on gens' apu.

supports the tags, whatever they're named Smile
great work spiff. love your comitment to adding support for nostalgic musik formats. :thumbsup:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
it's really a great job thanks again !

do you think it will be possible to also port hes and gbs Huh
replaced the spc core with snesapu.dll (the snesamp core).

as for support for more formats, anything is possible as long as there's source. no promises, i add these mostly when i get the inspiration...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SNES .spc sound files0