Use My Own Poster Art
Hi, Im a total begginer with XBMC and was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to get XBMC to use my Poster art instead of scraping it from the internet?. I have all my movies in individual folders along with a Front Cover and NFO file, like this:

(Folder Name = Close Encounters)
Close Encounters.mkv
Close Encounters.jpg
Close Encounters.nfo
Ex-Graphic Designer - PS3,iPhone,Windows Theme Creator & General Photoshop & 3DS Max messer
My Projects: http://s746.photobucket.com/user/shagrat...t=6&page=1
I'm a big fan of Media Companion - closely integrates with XBMC and IMDB, allows full customization of .nfo files and allows you to scan for or set your posters, fanart, etc.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Cant I simply get XBMC to use the covers I have in the folders?
Ex-Graphic Designer - PS3,iPhone,Windows Theme Creator & General Photoshop & 3DS Max messer
Z0m8ie Wrote:Cant I simply get XBMC to use the covers I have in the folders?

Sure thing - just make sure the images are named correctly. Here's a primer.

Bring up the context menu (right-click on) a movie and select movie information - you'll see options for thumbs/fanart. Same applies to music & TV shows.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Sure thing - just make sure the images are named correctly. Here's a primer.

Bring up the context menu (right-click on) a movie and select movie information - you'll see options for thumbs/fanart. Same applies to music & TV shows.

Hi DD, Thanks for you're reply. Will this make XBMC use my covers rather than download them?, I really dont want to go into every movie and change the artwork manually because it would take forever (I have over 1000 Movies)
As long as you rename your .jpg to .tbn, XBMC will use your poster.
That, of course, if the movie is not in your library yet. Or else you'll have to refresh it.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Ah ok, ill try that. Thanks!
If you have your movies in separate folders, then currently I recommend:

<movie_name (year)>/
filename.avi
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo

Note that this may change at a later date (eg we might switch to movie.xml)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi jmarshall & ArieS, Thankyou for helping me with this. Both you're methods kind of worked but only half. I'll explain, jmarshall you're method of changing the jpg to folder.jpg rather than movie_name.jpg worked, however when I click on the folder it then displays a either a cover downloaded by xbmc or nothing at all. ArieS by renaming the extention to tbn rather thank jpg I get no folder art at all but inside the folder I do get the movie poster display properly...

The only work around method I can see is this:

<movie_name (year)>/
filename.avi
folder.jpg
filename.jpg (or .tbn)
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo

By having two identical jpg's in each movie folder would be a waste of space. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution for me - many thanks.
If you scan with "Movies in separate folders named after the movie title" then folder.jpg gets applied to the item and it's folder.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Where do I find "Movies in separate folders named after the movie title" option?, I'm using Release: 10.1 “Dharma” unless its a release without that option I dont know?
Then "Use foldernames for lookups"

No it worked mate!(folders.jpg are fine), I just did an upgrade to XBMC 11.0: Eden Beta 3 from 10.01, I think they may have left out quite alot of things in the 10.1 build for test purposes or something, however I'm a very happy chappy thanks to you Smile

I'd just like to take this opertunity to thank you for you're knowledge, patience and professionalism. I signed up yesturday and this cummunity has shown me nothing but courtesy. I'm sure many people have said this before but this Media Centre is the best I have ever seen, the features, GUI is incredable, and I dont even own a HTPC YET!.

I cant wait to build my own HTPC and have this wonderous program running - many thanks!.
Z0m8ie Wrote:No it worked mate!(folders.jpg are fine), I just did an upgrade to XBMC 11.0: Eden Beta 3 from 10.01, I think they may have left out quite alot of things in the 10.1 build for test purposes or something, however I'm a very happy chappy thanks to you Smile

I'd just like to take this opertunity to thank you for you're knowledge, patience and professionalism. I signed up yesturday and this cummunity has shown me nothing but courtesy. I'm sure many people have said this before but this Media Centre is the best I have ever seen, the features, GUI is incredable, and I dont even own a HTPC YET!.

I cant wait to build my own HTPC and have this wonderous program running - many thanks!.
uhhh.......folder.jpg has been working since Atlantis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use My Own Poster Art0