XBMC will not run on Windows XP machine
Greetings,

I followed all of the instructions to get XBMC running on my old compaq presario. Yeah, I know, rather dated...but I just want to use this computer in another room, with output connected to a stereo, so I can stream music from my ATV1.

As I mentioned, I followed the instructions:
Got Windows XP SP3 running
confirmed that I have direct X 9 running.

But once I double click on the XBMC, the screen goes black, and then I get that error sound that pcs make.

HELP!
D
How can I get my Windows Media Player to see my ATV1/XBMC. I have installed Windows Media Connect, but that seems to only make my PC available to my ATV1. I would like it the other way around. I would like to play audio files located on my ATV1 through my PC

I have already tried loading Windows Media Player 11, but my version of XP does not support it.

This should be simple right?....ha!

Thank you for any help.

Best,
D
Open the XBMC log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Just for curiosity I just installed Eden Beta3 into Asus Eeepc 4G (701) with XP3 beneath. Using Wlan connection DVD-video .iso streams from my NAS used ~65% of CPU. Quite fluent experience, though.. Rolleyes Audio was DTS from USB port connected TurttleAudio spdif device.

works.

To be frank, it's a s*** piece of hw.
Hi jhsrennie,

I have posted it. Hopefully you will find it.

Let me know if you have not found it. Maybe I can email it to you.

thanks for the help,
D
I have searched but can not find it - where's post of the year nominations thread?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Woops...here is the link for the log:

http://pastebin.com/G8iYG6f4
ATI Mobility 128 AGP doesn't support DirectX 9.
No other possibilities with this machine?
Why not just install XBMC on the ATV1 and then use a web interface or smartphone remote to control the music playback from another room?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not run on Windows XP machine0