Live Video timeout 3 hrs?
It's likely there is something that just craps out after that length of time, but that most people don't experience it because they view videos that end before that. I'm going to try to make a 4 hour video file to see if it happens just with playback itself, or if it is only something happening to live streams.

As a temp work-around, to prevent lockups and having to re-tetherboot the ATV, I bet a script could be made that would stop a video at 3 hours and then start it again.
This just came back this evening from FireCore. They seem to be saying it is an XBMC issue. On my Apple TV 2 I still get the screen saver going but the music has stopped frozen! I can't find anywhere on Apple tv2 menu where this might time out.

Support (FireCore Support)
Aug 01 16:45 (MDT)

Hi - unfortunately we're not able to provide much support for 3rd party plugins like XBMC. Your best option will be to look through the XBMC manual found at the link below.

Thanks Ned for looking into it.
Any updates on this at all?
We have upgraded to a 13.0 alpha 8 via a deb file and this problem seems it may have actually gone away.

My buddy has reported 11 hours once already playing TWiT.tv then then over 4 hours after stopping and retesting it.
yeah we fixed it a couple of weeks ago.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-10-15, 12:24)Memphiz Wrote: yeah we fixed it a couple of weeks ago.

Oh thanks for the info. We are certainly glad to have this issue gone. I will have to look at the tracker, so I can finally see what the cause was.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3156 <- that was the cause.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Video timeout 3 hrs?0