• 3(current)
Skype videoconferencing integration development
Hello everyone!

Just to let you know what we managed to add today:
* Instead of having calls automatically answered you now receive a dialog.
* Sounds! We have now added sound on incoming call, log in to skype, log out, hang up call. Outgoing call sound will be in within the evening.
* It is now possible to select which Audio, Recording and Video devices should be used with Skype.

Edit:
Quote:@rflores2323 - I haven't looked at how to make plugins for XBMC at all, I joined my brother yesterday but I agree with your point and I believe we should look into making it a plugin or be added to existing systems in the most painless way as possible.

@yonu - Have you any development experience at all? If you do then I would highly recommend you to start with this page:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Windows
Personally this is where I started yesterday too ;-)

After you got this part done simply do the same but instead of using git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git for the URL in Git Clone you need to use -removed- - that's all! Good luck :-)

Thank you for your support everyone, we are happy to see the interest in our project!

~ Shane
Wow! This is just getting better and better Big Grin As I've said before I think this will be one of those features that really pull things together within XBMC.. Even though there are many features and functions in the media-center right now they are mostly solitary in the sense of "start, stop, watch and listen". This will bring socializing to the table... Big Grin

Thanks again for taking this on!
Shanee, go to the plugin subforum and post up there. There are stickies up there that can help you get started making an addon

Dev Plugin/Addon Subforum

Also this is looking awesome. Man o Man I cant wait to show my friends/fam. They are going to flip.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Hi rflores2323

Regarding making this project a plugin for XBMC, we looked into it but found too many limitations some which we did not find ways around therefore we have decided to go along the route that we have.
At the moment the XBMC core doesn't support the video rendering that we need to make Skype and Google Talk work from an addon.

I absolutely agree with you that it would be best practice (and best solution) to create an addon and not have to create a new build of XBMC and we would have done so if we had found a workaround to deal with the limitations we have encountered.

I would love to have an API for Video / Voice conversation in the XBMC core, same as PVR, but at the moment it seems a bit to big of a project for us over here.

I will appreciate if some one from the XBMC dev team could comment on that.

We still need to make some bugfix in Skype and to complete some task to compli with SkypeKit distribution terms (I hope you are not from China) but I think that we will have a version to distribute quite soon.

In any case we are working in parallel on a Google Talk integration but nothing that we can show at the moment, Google Talk integration will be much more easy to distribute Big Grin and if the XBMC dev team would like to merge it upstream that would be great.

I would like to believe that the effort we are putting in to this project is not in vain and the XBMC community could enjoy form it. May be some of the changes will be merge upstream to the official XBMC build when it is mature enough.

If you want to contribute you are more than welcome.

Amit

rflores2323 Wrote:Shanee, go to the plugin subforum and post up there. There are stickies up there that can help you get started making an addon

Dev Plugin/Addon Subforum

Also this is looking awesome. Man o Man I cant wait to show my friends/fam. They are going to flip.
thanks I will have a go at it and yeah I have some dev experience just don't use it that often Smile
Great work Smile . I hope this will be part of the official XBMC release.
greet work
Hello everyone,

Just so there is no miscommunication here: we removed the repository due to avoiding a possible Skype license violation.

We will update when we have something new.
Hi, does anyone have this alpha version? Please share it somewhere.
Great to see someone else working on the Skype integration idea. I've been playing with it a bit myself though haven't yet had the time to dive in head first. My primary environment is Linux, and I've taken a little different approach. I've been looking at using an external application to handle the actual Skype communication and video processing, and either streaming it into xbmc, or drawing it over the top in a fashion similar to the mumble overlay. I could then use a python addon to communicate with the external program and handle all of the UI aspects. You've now inspired me to put more effort into my own implementation, and perhaps we can ultimately combine the two approaches. I believe isolating the majority of the code which actually interacts with SkypeKit in its own executable will provide the safest route in terms of any licensing issues, and then control it from Python, and provide some way to get the video in (maybe some sort of SharedMemBuffer window control) that could be positioned/resized by Python/Skinning.
Looks like this could be an amazing addition!
Liking this idea! Would really be a winner in my house. Only thing with these custom builds is that I use the HD-Audio builds atm and for both this and Spotify, discreet builds are needed!

As I'm crap at compiling stuff (it just never seems to work) is there any kind of tool that you can just pick the elements you need and have the support all compiled into your own personal build?

If not, pretty please can you build in Spotify support and HD-Audio? Wink
Hi,

skype add-on for XBMC sounds greatSmile

What is the current development status of skype implantation in XBMC??
Will be XBMC-skype git repository public available again?
I hope the Skype license will be not a big problemSmile

Regards,
superbaton
Just wanted to give a heads up, The Google+ Hangouts API is out of preview mode, and may allow for more functionality now.

http://googleplusplatform.blogspot.com/2...ut-of.html
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
It would be great if someone with the knowledge is interested in!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skype videoconferencing integration development6