XBMC crashes after resuming from paused video
(2012-04-18, 14:08)rstockm Wrote: Any chance to have something like this running natively on the ATV?

I don't think it would too hard.

Maybe a simple Python Script could be written. A "touch file" command that occurs, say every minute, on a file/folder that's located on the Time Caspule to stop the hard drive from going to sleep. It could be installed as an Add-On for XBMC. Save us poor AFP users a lot of grief!

I have exactly the same issue as described here, except I'm running Openelec on two different Asus eeebox's and using NFS shares on a linux server. I don't have any external HDD's plugged into routers, etc.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Hi,

Quite the same here: HTPC ASROCK, Ubuntu 11.04, XBMC Darhma, media are on NFS share (with autofs) on DLINK NAS.
I have the same problem, when NAS enter in idle after pause XBMC crashes when I restart playing.

I don't remember autofs settings : timeout, etcb but for me this issue is linked to sharing protocol and settings.
Sometimes I've experienced that when I browse my NAS with Nautilus a kind of IO Error (or something like that) popup came, if I retry, it's fine. It's clearly a timeout issue.

I will try to change autofs nfs mount settings to see if it's better.
Keeping hard drive spinning is not eco-proof as I watch tv 1h pr day only, rest of the time hard drive should sleep and save power. I like my NAS to enter in sleep mode when it's necessary. I just want to find a why to tell the system to wait more longer the drives wakes up.

* Sorry for my poor English, French I am *

dharma? <- way outadeted and out of support. Use Frodo when its out.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Any news on this? Issue is persistent on 12.3
(2014-02-05, 20:01)shock Wrote: Any news on this? Issue is persistent on 12.3

I'm not sure if it's the same issue you might be experiencing, but a long standing bug has been fixed in nightly builds (wiki) where XBMC would crash/lockup/freeze when unpausing from certain live streaming add-ons.
No. This is about a bug where XBMC crashes when a AFP drive wakes up again after spinning down.
(2014-02-06, 19:59)shock Wrote: No. This is about a bug where XBMC crashes when a AFP drive wakes up again after spinning down.

Ah, no in that case. AFP is being depreciated by everyone, including Apple.
(2014-02-06, 21:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 19:59)shock Wrote: No. This is about a bug where XBMC crashes when a AFP drive wakes up again after spinning down.

Ah, no in that case. AFP is being depreciated by everyone, including Apple.

Well, having the media disk connected via Airport Extreme leaves me with either

SMB (random "lock settings bug", constant re-buffering)
or
AFP (stable playback, but crashing after pause issue).

Unless there's another solution, I'm stuck with having to wait for a fix for the bug reported in this thread. Sad
Hey shock.. I understand you very well. Been searching the net for a fix the last few days.
Just bought an 4th gen 2TB Time Capsule to extend my 5ghz Wifi-n Network to my mediabox running XBMC.
Plan was to store all my movies on the TC and stream them via ethernet.

I'm very surprised to see the results!

I can successfully stream a 1080p DTS mkv's via 10m ethernet from my iMac, running SmbUP (SMB v1.0), since v2.0 in Mavericks is not working too well.
I find NO WAY to successfully stream the same file directly from the Time Capsule, here a 0.5m cable.

With SMB I get freezes/buffering every few minutes (even with the new buffersettings in Gotham)
With AFP it plays nicer but here I get total system freezes after pause->play which require reboots.

I've now read that the SMB implementation on the Time Capsule (and probably AE) is crap.
And the same goes for AFP implementation on XBMC Smile

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should sell my TC and buy an USB-wifi dongle for my mediabox + an external USB HDD for it..

Cheers,
Seb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes after resuming from paused video0