EPG Scrapper API ?
Hi,

since DVB-S provided EPG is often at a basic level or even empty, an XMLTV service that could be used by a TV Server like tvheadend is often missing too (I don't know such a service in germany for example)

- how about adding scrapper support for EPG ? There are a lot of WebSites that provide detailed schedule and program information that could be easily scrapped at startup ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Tvheadend on openelec can import xmltv from file or web!

Check out http://www.ontv.se , supports a lot off channels from Germany. Cost 15euro/year. and Tvheaend addon grabbs my channels every day and gives me 14 days of epg.
You can use grabber to create xmltv files or write your own http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page grabber. This file can you use to import into tvheadend. A few years ago I used a grabber für tvtoday.

Google for "XMLTV deutschland grabber"
yeah, there my be options and work arounds Nod but not for every country and it is not "HTPC friendly" .. and if you want additiional infos for movies, artist, songs etc. you start your XBMC scrapper and that's it .. there are a lot of databases that are scrapped ... this should be enabled for EPG too .. and why pay for XMTLV services if there are a lot of tv websites that could be scrapped Huh .. or do you pay for your movie or music scrapper services ?!? I guess no Wink ..

Since EPG infos are stored in database too it shouldn't be as hard to add scrapper service ..

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
crapper support would be nice
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:crapper support would be nice
I know XBMC can do many things ... but that may be taking it TOO far!
That's not too far .. as we have a lot of addons for movies, music and so on we now need some addons for LiveTV .. in fact that would set XBMC apart from other media center solutions .. not simply LiveTV, not simply grabbing EPG from satellite feed .. grabbing online additional information for the timeline, for in live tv shown movies, artist and so on .. I guess it's possible.

@dushmaniac: since you are the PVR developer - where are the epg information stored, how is the database structure ? .. I guess - as long as there is no xbmc-internal scrapper support - it should be no problem using a python addon for grabbing and storing epg information into the database ?!

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
lol - you missed my quote, crapper support! Big Grin

As it goes I wholeheartedly agree with Scrapper support for pvr functions. I'm pretty sure skinners would like the additional imagery it could provide, fanart, covers, etc. Would allow some significantly customised epg's.

The problem you have is how do you handle the differing sources? For example if someone were using VDR with a working EEPG plugin (cannot get it to work these days personally but hum ho) they have very accurate, up to date info directly from the providers. It would be kinda silly to overwrite that with potentially incorrect information. In my case I wrote a PHP based xmltv grabber for tvheadend which pulls the json data that Sky make available - again pretty accurate. So some kind of switch within the PVR settings to enable/disable internal epg grabbing (seperate from scrapping) would be needed I think.

But yes - scrapping of the programs within the epg data, wherever it comes from would be awesome.
Quote:lol - you missed my quote, crapper support! Big Grin
ah, okay Rofl you're right ..

Of course it should be only an option. If you are happy with EPG from your Backend there is no need ..

I tried a longer time Windows Media Center 7 (part of every Windows7 version starting from home premium) - which is - considering that it is a M$ product and free of charge - very advanced and user friendly (I was really astonished; btw reFocus skin gives you the WMC7 feeling Big Grin) ! It has very detailed program information which are scrapped and grabbed (don't know what is the right word for it Wink) over a special service via internet.

Good EPG is one of the "must have" killer features of every LiveTV receiver - and most of them fail that task ! Best support has TechniSat so far ..
My dream is having such detailed information for every single program in live tv as it is supported for movies and series ..

For scrapping movie and music information there seems to be a special XBMC api which uses regular expressions and XML scrapping scheme .. as long as that isn't available I'll try to add it via a regular python addon ..

By accident I discovered, that ASTRA's website offers a detailed program schedule -

overview: http://www.astra.de/2219/programm ..
single channel entries: http://www.astra.de/2219/epg/channel?c=pro-sieben

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Scrapper API ?0