WIP Boxee Inspirat
A Boxee tribute skin I have been working on for personal use to make a smooth transition now that Boxee has abandoned the PC and V1.5 isn't much use for me.

Works great using the Boxee remote and probably other simple remotes with few buttons (Setting Default Action to "Choose" in XBMC).

The Homescreen feed works like in Boxee 1.5 and scrolls left/right. It uses a Yahoo-Pipe to aggregate and mix up to 99 items from Youtube channels like CNN, ABC, CBS, AP, TED, NatGeo, ComedyCentral etc. Any Youtube feed works of course, requires Youtube and RSSClient Plugins to work.

This skin is not complete but for my needs it is "done". E.g. the parts of XBMC I don't personally use, aren't skinned yet. If there is any interest in this I may release it.

Please note the skin code and graphics are made from scratch, no code was directly copied form Boxee.

Homescreen

Homescreen with faded video playing in background (global "now playing" on top right like Boxee)

Video OSD. Top right shows Video Size, Codec etc . Info Window displays while hovering Info Button.

Non Library Content with List View (Library will have Poster and List)

Non Library Content with Thumb View (Library will have Poster and List)
Movie Library Poster View

Movie Info
Cool good job was wondering when someone would make a copy of the current boxee skin
Also i am very interested i like the current boxee skin would be so good to see it on xbmc
ZombieRobot Wrote:Cool good job was wondering when someone would make a copy of the current boxee skin
Also i am very interested i like the current boxee skin would be so good to see it on xbmc

I'm not quite copying the latest 1.5 look, but mixing aspects I like from the several version since 0.9.

For example 1.5's File View with its always visible side panel I do not like and much prefer the 0.9 slideout menus. They seem to have taken away a lot of animations, fading etc since they are focusing the GUI on the low powered Box Sad

Overall I cannot quite replicate many Boxee functions I like, such as Queue/Watch later... as XMBC has separate Playlists for Video and Audio which are lost upon exit unless one saves them. Same with Addons/Plugins, they are in separate areas in XMBC and cannot be aggregate into one view like Boxee's Apps.
there is a skin called xeebo which is cool amd based on boxee. check it it to get some ideas
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
newbra Wrote:If there is any interest in this I may release it

Now you've shown us you might as well release it. Wink
Nice one i hoped this would be the result of Hitcher's XeeBo Project. I also would like to see a skin of boxee's current skin.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Nice, the Boxee Theme Smile let it come
+1, I like it - good work! Big Grin
Whoah, I would be really excited to have this. I'll pay you!

(in affectionate, grateful forum posts)
Is there a way to activate dialogs like "set-content" and "edit source" from a custom button?

Since simple remotes like Boxee have no way to access the context menu for a folder item, I am looking to place buttons in the side menu.

I found this works:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(contentsettings)</onclick>

But this opens the content dialog without knowing what folder is being edited. Need to find a way to parse the current folder.

I tried:
ActivateWindow(contentsettings,$INFO[Container.FolderName])

no luck...

Any ideas?

+1 for me would love to see this skin! You got my vote!
newbra Wrote:Is there a way to activate dialogs like "set-content" and "edit source" from a custom button?

Since simple remotes like Boxee have no way to access the context menu for a folder item, I am looking to place buttons in the side menu.

I found this works:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(contentsettings)</onclick>

But this opens the content dialog without knowing what folder is being edited. Need to find a way to parse the current folder.

I tried:
ActivateWindow(contentsettings,$INFO[Container.FolderName])

no luck...

Any ideas?

I don't think there's anyway around this because the context menu is based on which control currently has focus and by moving to a button it's lost the list.

Can't the remote be setup like an ATV one where you press and hold to bring up the context menu?
The only way is to send the contextmenu action to the list (eg you might try focusing the list, then contextmenu)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would do it with a script... as jmarshall said set focus to the list, then action© followed by a sendclick to the set content button. You might need to do a loop over the buttons, check for name and select the correct button because it's not always on the same position (I think). I would also hide the contextmenu while doing that, you could set the visibility with a window property. The user should not be able to notice something because it's done in a couple of ms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Inspirat0