DVD Menu problems
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong group.
I already searched several groups but can't find an answer for my problem.

I have ATV2 jailbreaked with seasonpass and all connected to a Synology DS411.

I have several DVDs in TS_VIDEO format. The media player from Seasonpass plays these DVDs with no problem. I get a menu and I can choose subtitle, language etc. from the DVD menu.
When playing the same DVD with XBMC some DVDs won't even show me a menu (for example the Battle Star Gallactica complete box set) and others show a menu but I can't select an item from the DVD menu (for example The Smurfs).

When playing an ISO, there is no problem at all playing this with XBMC.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
With "seas0npass" - Player you mean firecores mediaplayer? Not sure if this will fix your issue. But i just wanted to mention that it is not recommended to use XBMC when the firecore mediaplayer is installed. It might interfer with XBMC and lead to crashs and other strange issues...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes i did mean the firecore media player. I will try and deinstall the firecore player and/or deinstall all and only install xbmc from scratch as only player.
Will keep you posted.
To keep you updated:
- uninstalled firecore media player (same result with xbmc)
- deleted and reinstalled xbmc with firecore media player still uninstalled (same result with xbmc)
- complete fresh install atv2 with new jailbreak and only xbmc (same result with xbmc)

Unfortunately I still have the problems described as in my 1st post.
I had a problem like this on 1 set of disks from Season 3 of Arrested Development, but the other seasons were fine. I could see the main menu includeing text and what I had selected, but when I wanted to select an episode, the text on that menu didn't show up and I couldn't tell what was highlighted. I could still guess and select episodes or play all. I'll try it when I get home and see if it has changed since I tried it 2 or 3 months ago. Just a note, my dvd was in iso format instead of video_ts, but I don't think they should behave any differently.
Thanks for answering.

I found one interesting item that solved at least 1 problem.
I changed the access from xbmc to my synology from upnp to afp (apple file protocol).
I now can access the video_ts folder correct and it shows the menus correct. It even scans the folder correct now.
That is for some of the DVDs. My series of battle star galactica still show no menu at all.

Well the search goes on.
At least I now know that there is a huge difference between upnp file access and app.

Hope this also helps others.
Good news(for me)! My menus work now. Are you using b3 or an earlier version?
I'm using b3. And most of the DVD's are working now.
Except for for 1 and that is my complete series of battlestar galactica DVDs.

What XBMC it's doing is (I think) it's sees the two VIDEO_TS files (VIDEO_TS.VOB and VIDEO_TS.IFO) I don't know why, but when pressing the play button it starts the VIDEO_TS.VOB instead of the VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Starting manually the VIDEO_TS.IFO does work. A bit annoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Menu problems0