sharing files over wifi
wbread99 Wrote:Only problem I've had: If for some reason, W7 doesnt see the drives, XBMC won't either. That means exiting XBMC, going and "finding" the drives again, and once windows see them, starting XBMC again.

Using mapped drive letters always exposes you to this problem, but there is an easy way to avoid this. When you're adding a source click the Browse button, and in the Brwose dialog scroll down to the bottom of the list and click "Add network location". Enter the server and share name (and username and password if required) and click OK, and you'll see a new network location appear in the list with the format:

smb://servername/sharename/

Add this as a source, and it will show the same files as if you had mapped a driver letter to \\servername\sharename but it will automatically reconnect as necessary.

JR
excellent advice thankyou

can i ask if someone using xbmc over wifi would it slow down my internet connection?
bricktop Wrote:can i ask if someone using xbmc over wifi would it slow down my internet connection?

That's unlikely. The speed of most Internet connections is far less than the speed of WiFi.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:That's unlikely. The speed of most Internet connections is far less than the speed of WiFi.

JR

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sharing files over wifi0