Zotac ND-22 + WMC7 + Netflix = high cpu
Question 
Some time ago I remember playing netflix on this combo without any problem. Watching some stuff recently and its really laggy. Checked processes and found ehexthost.exe is really high which is causing 100% cpu usage. The only thing google's helped with is saying there was a problem with IE9 RC that was fixed already. Am I missing a setting?

HTPC: Zotac ND22
NAS: Synology DS411
XBMC: 10.1 Dharma
What cpu usage do you see if you try running netflix from a browser window instead of Media Center?

As far as I know Netflix doesn't properly implement hardware decoding, so the decoding is all done on the CPU.
You might have answered my question then. I get high usage around 50-70% with IE9 but once HD streaming starts, it goes up to near 100% and the video actually falls behind the audio. I tried upgrading Silverlight to version 5 and there is an option for hardware acceleration but it doesn't seem to work.

Try playing a HD video on youtube, and look at your CPU usage. Youtube properly implements the hardware decoding.
Already did that. Same with HD videos. They all play fine. It is just Netflix that I'm having problems with. I found out that you can limit the bandwidth from Netflix so it won't do HD streams so I'll just go with that for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ND-22 + WMC7 + Netflix = high cpu0