Results of testing EDEN beta3
Hello XBMC-forum!

After three punished months of using mythtv(with mythbuntu), me and my wife got so tired, that I finally checked for alternatives and found XBMC live or "XBMCuntu". Yesterday, I freshly downloaded the latest live-CD "Eden" in order to have a first look.

These are my observations:

1. After my first bootup of the live-CD, I wanted to give it a direct install to my HDD-drive. So I rebooted it and waited for a welcome screen telling me, if I wanted to install the system somewhere. But it didn't pop up, instead the live-system booted again. After another reboot, I realized, that I had to push some button on my keyboard in order to make the welcome-screen prior to booting appear. I managed to do so an could reach the installation, but it was not intuitive.

2. Once the installer was started, I could not read ANYTHING of what was written on the screen. Please check these two Pictures(I'll give them away as link, being put into this thread would make them appear too big):

pic general

pic zoomed

3. After booting with the live-CD, the system came up with a problem regarding my Hauppauge Nova-S2 HD satellitecard. Just for you to know, I will give my dmesg to you.

pastebin eden beta3

4. The live-system had heavy overscan. I am using my computer in combination with an HDMI-cable to connect to a SONY 46Z-4500 flatpanel-TV. I do know about these problems and I created a xorg.conf for my older mythtv-system. If this file is of any interest, just let me know.

Ok, so far. I hope, this post is not too late prior to release of EDEN and I put all of this info into the right place.

I'd be happy to read some comments.

Best regards from Germany,
Herakles

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Results of testing EDEN beta30