How-to use keymap.xml
hello,

i was today trying to get xbmc to have my remote use "2" for volume up, "5" for volume down, and "8" for mute. the mute, being a very good reasoning if you get a phone call or whatever, but the way keymap.xml works, was somehow changed (or just not buggy). so since i've recieved some help from jmarshall over irc, i will be here explaining you how things work.

basics

Quote:<global> & </global>

first off, everything in the global are global keys. xbmc falls back to the assigned action you defined here if there is none to be found in a specific window.

Quote:<window>

windows specify seperate "windows", these can be all sort of window's, and usually a "<description>" follows, which tells you which window it is.

in these windows you will see seperate bindings, these have #1 priority, so if you got for example in:

Quote:<window>
<description>fullscreen video</description>

<action>
     <description>remote button 1</description>
     <id>59</id>
     <remote>1</remote>
     <keyboard>1</keyboard>
   </action>

you see remote button 1, if you delete that <action> entry, you will make it use remote button 1 from the globals. simple as that.

and i believe that should explain it. so for instance (only with remote button 2) where i wanted volume up, i remove the remote button 2 in the fullscreen <window>, and in globals,

Quote:    <action>
     <description>volume up</description>
     <id>88</id>
     <gamepad>rightthumbstickup</gamepad>
     <remote>volumeplus</remote>
     <keyboard>+</keyboard>
     <remote>2</remote>
   </action>

as you can see my <remote>2</remote> been added, so now, i can use the 2nd button to volume up, in the ui or while playing back videos in fullscreen.

and for those who are lazy, http://ttdev.net/xkme/index.html
has a keymap.xml editor, but beware, use it at your own risk.

(i experienced it crashing when wanting to edit the music stuff).

have fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How-to use keymap.xml0