Upnp from XBMC to another device
Ok so I'm really trying to get this to work here. I have some videos on my iPad, in XBMC. I have upnp hosting enabled in iPad XBMC. But on my Xbox for example, I see the iPad-XBMC share but with no videos shared I it.

How do I get them, to show up?

I read up on how to share certain videos for the standard xbmc app, but this ipad one is missing those options.

What do I do?

Thanks
Bump
Seems like an easy question for any one who knows
Do you have the videos in the library on your ipad?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Do you have the videos in the library on your ipad?

Well yes, I've added the video directories and they now appear under "files"
That's not in the library. UPnP is a metadata sharing protocol: No metadata, no sharing.

Thus, scan your movies/shows into XBMC's library. They'll then show up on any UPnP client.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:That's not in the library. UPnP is a metadata sharing protocol: No metadata, no sharing.

Thus, scan your movies/shows into XBMC's library. They'll then show up on any UPnP client.

How else would I do that? I've set the video option to "update library on start up", and then exited and reopened. Nothing seems charged. Though that option is still enabled.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
Quote:To use your video files with "metadata" like summaries, cast info, DVD covers, thumbnails, and more, you need to add those video files to the video library.
That's the how to add videos to the library section.
I just don't believe that it could be less descriptive than that. Especially in an iOS specific conversation.
The videos are added and scanning for changes to library enabled.

What is that elusive step I am missing to get files to appear in the library with metadata?
Plus how is this "library" not just where I've added videos already? How are they different?
I'm a CIS major so not noobish am I.
SeanKPS Wrote:That's the how to add videos to the library section.
I just don't believe that it could be less descriptive than that. Especially in an iOS specific conversation.
The videos are added and scanning for changes to library enabled.

What is that elusive step I am missing to get files to appear in the library with metadata?
Plus how is this "library" not just where I've added videos already? How are they different?
I'm a CIS major so not noobish am I.

library =files that have been scraped and have metadata attached.

files = files xbmc can browse and play.

make more sense? when you added the source, did you specify what scraper to use on the source?
OniFactor Wrote:library =files that have been scraped and have metadata attached.

files = files xbmc can browse and play.

make more sense? when you added the source, did you specify what scraper to use on the source?

Yes. The one for the folder I did has a tv show in it and I selected the tv one.
Why so much reliance on metadata? What happened to the data being the file name and such?
Regardless, I selected the right scraper. Is it correct that each file needs to conform to a naming convention?
Again, UPnP is a metadata sharing API. File metadata ain't enough for a decent experience, so we don't bother sharing files only.

So get your stuff into XBMC's video and music libraries (i.e. all the pretty plot/actors/artwork etc.) first.

Wink 
Hello seanKPS, I would say if your Library is empty of movies you will have to enable the youtube plugin in video addons this seems to fix the problem with themoviedb scraper which does not want to work.
It is a bug of some sort in the atv2 eden beta1 and 2 unsure if it was fixed in beta 3 possibly not.
While I'm here if you have accents in the movie title (les Miserables, with the funny e)the scraper will pick up the details but i havent figured out how to get the damn movie to play yet. cheers.
LewsTherin Wrote:Hello seanKPS, I would say if your Library is empty of movies you will have to enable the youtube plugin in video addons this seems to fix the problem with themoviedb scraper which does not want to work.
It is a bug of some sort in the atv2 eden beta1 and 2 unsure if it was fixed in beta 3 possibly not.
While I'm here if you have accents in the movie title (les Miserables, with the funny e)the scraper will pick up the details but i havent figured out how to get the damn movie to play yet. cheers.

forget that ... its fixed in b3 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp from XBMC to another device0