No Images or plot... when 4 specific movies scraped!
Hi

I have had this problem for a few months now Sad

Since I can't seem to get any help on irc that helps I thought I would give the forum a chance.

Arabia 3D 2011
Fallen The Beginning 2006
Fallen The Journey 2007
Fallen The Destiny 2008

These 4 movies won't scrape image's or plot or any other information except title and year.

I tested Ember media manager 1.3 rev 2 tonight and found something strange when I tested to scrape a test movie folder it doesn't add any movie.nfo files for these 4 titles but any other movies it does!

test folder:

M:\movie test folder\Arabia 3D 2011\Arabia 3D 2011.mkv
M:\movie test folder\Fallen the beginning(2006)\Fallen the beginning(2006).mkv
M:\movie test folder\Fallen the destiny\fallen the destiny.mkv
M:\movie test folder\Fallen The Journey(2007)\Fallen The Journey(2007).mkv

I tried to report them on themoviedb thinking it might be a problem on their side: http://help.themoviedb.org/discussions/p...collection

but as you can see they don't think so maybe you can see what it's and help me report it so it can be fixed? I am using Windows 7 64bit Xbmc Eden beta3
A debug log when trying to scan those folders is the first step.

If they're partially scraping information (i.e. title/year) then you'd refresh the movie from movie info and grab the debug log of that process.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

here is the debug you requested where I scanned a test movie folder with 0 byte files which really easy filenames for it.

http://pastebin.com/M52TTHuY
any ideas?
From the log it looks as if the scraper finds the three "Fallen" films and adds them to the database.

JR
yes the movies get added but no thumbnail no plot ....
Finally figured out why I was unable to add these 4 movies it was a nasty bug!

Arabia 3D 2011
Fallen The Beginning
Fallen The Journey
Fallen The Destiny

probably more but those were in my archive that didn't show any plot or image's even as there was the info on tmdb!

Now how to repeat the bug and avoid it!

To cause the bug scrape a movie folder using tmdb scraper and get rating from imdb!

To avoid the bug scrape a movie folder using tmdb scraper and don't change get rating from to imdb but keep tmdb!

These 4 movies haven't got an imdb link on tmdb and because of it there is some kind of problem caused which causes xbmc to add these titles without plot and image's...

I am gonna report this nasty bug now. And also a tiny gui update for get rating from since it says get rating from imdb and then you choose imdb or tmdb Wink

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12706
I also use ratings from IMDb with the TMDb scraper and can confirm the same bug using dummy files for those movies.
Yup, we're aware of the issue and a fix is being discussed. Basically the problem is the absence of imdb info causes the scraper to basically return nothing, which means we no longer move on to the next bit of the process.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yup, we're aware of the issue and a fix is being discussed. Basically the problem is the absence of imdb info causes the scraper to basically return nothing, which means we no longer move on to the next bit of the process.

figured as much. Not the part that you were aware and working on the issue but the fact that it was the absence of an imdb id that cause the problem with current scraper code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Images or plot... when 4 specific movies scraped!0