MF V-DAC II and bitmatches playback not possible??
I'm having quite a major problem. I had bitmatched playback though my onboard sp-dif audiocard (Atom system).

I recently bought a Musical Fidelity V-DAC II (USB DAC). Via WASAPI foobar play's perfectly and bitmatched (no indication on windows mixer).

I have XBMC setup to WASAPI the same way and tried many different settings, but the playback stays visible in the windows mixer, so it is not playing bitmatched!

When playing SACD's via XBMC I'm quite sure it is downsampling, as also there the sound is visible in the windows mixer.

Can someone PLEASE help me with this? I would really love to have bit matched playback in XBMC, at this moment I am switching between Foobar2000 but that program is not controllable by remote the way XBMC is.

PS. ASIO support would be fine too, I can manage bit matched playback via ASIO4ALL.

Thanks very much in advance!

Ferry Heibrink (NL)
Nobody's got a clue?

If not possible with XBMC, does anyone have any recommendations for me what software I should use? For me personally Foobar is usable (via laptop and RDP, not optimal though) but for the average mediacenter user it would be great to use the MCE remote and have big characters on screen that are readable from about 5 meters distance.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Hi Ferry,
I have the same DAC, which is a 24-bit-only DAC. Until version 11.00 Eden XBMC was a 16-bit only DAC, so it could not input the V-DAC II direcly in WASAPI. It had to send the samples to Windows DirectSound instead, which would mix them, and upscale them from 16-bit to 24-bit and input the DAC.

Since version 12.0 Alpha XBMC includes a new AudioEngine which is supposed to support 24-bit playback. But actually it currently supports only 24-bit padded into a 4-byte (32-bit) container, and not plain vanilla 24-bit samples in a (3-byte) 24-bit container, which are the only format the V-DAC II can input. So if you try to play XBMC 12.0 Alpha with a V-DAC II, you get a playback failure (without any error message, just no audio). But 12.0 is still under development, so hopefully it will be fixed.

DirectShow players like Foobar don't have any problem to input a 24-bit-only DAC: the problem is specific to XBMC.

I think the most relevant thread for this problem is [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform. I posted something on the matter there ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1151499 ). Don't hesitate to post something there too if you still want to use XBMC with your DAC: the more users will be requesting this feature, the more likely it is to be included by the development team.
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
@ferry
I believe the problem you raised was solved by the September-12 nightly build of XBMC 12.0, which you may download here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MF V-DAC II and bitmatches playback not possible??0