HDHomeRun owners...
You might want to checkout this thread:

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/19-feature-...=140#26839

Openelec now has an addon for HDHomeRun. This installs the driver and makes your HDHomeRun available to TVHeadend, all with just one click.

TVHeadend can be installed as an addon (as always)

A massive thankyou to the Openelec team, just donated to them, donation for TeamXBMC coming soon when Eden is released Wink
this rocks!! HDHOMERUN devices are mint!!
has anybody tested if this works on hdhomerun prime?
gman3042 Wrote:has anybody tested if this works on hdhomerun prime?
I tried this out a couple months ago and it did not then. TVHE treats it like any other DVB device and demuxes the tuned transport stream in software. Unfortunately the Prime's decryption engine doesn't engage unless you tell the device to do the demuxing itself. Another problem is that TVHE detects the encryption stream and insists on looking for a decryption engine even though the stream is already decrypted.

I spent enough time trying to get TVHE working with the Prime before I decided to check out the libcmyth backend. My conclusion was that it needed its own driver instead of trying to fit into the DVB model.

(FWIW, I'm still puttering around)
Unfortunately this is not, as they might have you believe, a "one click" installation.

After installing the addon, you still need to login via SSH and edit two text config files to manually insert your serial number and indicate the broadcast standard in your region. It's been over a year since its release, so the fact that this setup setup isn't included in the plugin itself makes me think it may just not be possible.
I get an OpenELEC error "Access Denied" when I try to go to that link.

Anywhere I can download the plugin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun owners...0