• 8(current)
XBMC Intro Movie
(2012-02-28, 03:54)htpc guy Wrote: I picked up After Effects the other day and I am beginning to learn the program. No better way to learn then by creating an intro movie for XBMC. I will use this thread to post videos for anyone to use.

I'm sure there is no "Right" way to use the videos so I'm just going to suggest two methods. One is a beginner method and the other is for advanced users only.

Easy Method: Using XBMC-Intro Addon:
If your skin supports it, you can use the XBMC Intro Movie addon by Frost.
Currently only a few skins support this addon. As far as I know its limited to Glass, Aeon-Nox, Neon and Breeze. I'm not going to test every skin. If you need to know if this addon will work for you then please ask in the appropriate thread.

Benifits:
  • Easy to configure
  • Comes with intro videos pre installed
  • Ability to define a custom location for intro videos
  • Option to dissable the Default, Static XBMC splash screen

Advanced Method: Modding a skin
Use Advancedsettings.xml to turn off the default XBMC splash screen.
Code:
<splash>false</splash>

Add the following to your skins's home.xml
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>
*note* I have no idea what the effect of this would be if you all ready use the playlist on xbmc start so don't complain because I'm warning you now.Laugh

*edit*Ronnie has suggested putting this line of code in startup.xml as an alternative. Do whichever works best for you.*edit*

Benifits:
  • Should work with any skin

Now for my custom Intro Videos....

Intro Movie 1: XBMC Logo Wipe in / Shatter

Download (Right Click > Save As)

Intro Movie 2: XMBC Logo Energy Wipe

Download (Right Click > Save As)

(2012-05-07, 02:00)htpc guy Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 22:32)DDDamian Wrote: Think we'd welcome an intro for the new AudioEngine Wink

Soon as I find some free time I'll get to it. I'm currently working on 25 new levels for an iOS/Android game. Its paid freelance work so it takes priority. The game I'm working on is called Dummy Defense </shamelessPlug>Nod

Sweet - and Dummy Defense sounds like a daily hazard Wink Link us to it when it's ready - no shame in plugging!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-07, 08:19)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 02:00)htpc guy Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 22:32)DDDamian Wrote: Think we'd welcome an intro for the new AudioEngine Wink

Soon as I find some free time I'll get to it. I'm currently working on 25 new levels for an iOS/Android game. Its paid freelance work so it takes priority. The game I'm working on is called Dummy Defense </shamelessPlug>Nod

Sweet - and Dummy Defense sounds like a daily hazard Wink Link us to it when it's ready - no shame in plugging!

Its all ready available for dummy defense and iOS. Head to jundroo.com for info on all of our games. (I was heavily involved in the newest game, Dummy Defense, as well as Santa's Engineer. I have also done some of the artwork on work on SimplePhysics).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Nice Smile will go take a look Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
tried this , but it wont work in xperience1080.svn , all it does is open my external player aka mpchc and says no file found, help

ive added

<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/intro.mp4)</onload>

to my home.xml like this>

<window id="0">
<defaultcontrol>525</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>

<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/intro.mp4)</onload>
<onload condition="Container(20).HasFocus(2) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">AlarmClock(HomeTileMoveThree,Control.Move(5032,1),00:04,silent,loop)</onload>
<onload condition="Container(20).HasFocus(2) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">AlarmClock(HomeTileMoveTwo,Control.Move(5022,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
<onload condition="Container(20).HasFocus(3) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">AlarmClock(HomeTileMove,Control.Move(2022,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
<onload condition="Container(20).HasFocus(4) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">AlarmClock(HomeTileMove,Control.Move(3022,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
<onload condition="Container(20).HasFocus(5) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">AlarmClock(HomeTileMove,Control.Move(4022,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
<onunload condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">CancelAlarm(HomeTileMove,true)</onunload>
<controls>
<!-- Backgrounds -->
<include>CommonContent</include>
<!-- Custom home backdrops -->
<include>HomeCustomBackdrops</include>
<!-- Bottom -->
<include>CommonStage</include>

<!-- Old home screen -->
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideSubMenuMovies) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeSubMenuMovies</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideSubMenuTVShows) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeSubMenuTVShows</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideSubMenuMusic) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeSubMenuMusic</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideSubMenuSettings) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeSubMenuSettings</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeWraplist</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeWraplistAnimation</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">Recent-Added</include>

<!-- New metro home screen -->
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeProfileInfo</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeControlList</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeControlListLabels</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">HomeItems</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeNew.Enabled)">FadeBackgroundInfo</include>

<!-- fade background -->
<include>FadeBackground</include>
<!-- bottom Buttons -->
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideHomeButtons)">shutdown-favs</include>
<!-- Common (now playing) info -->
<include>Common-Home-Info</include>
</controls>
</window>

p.s > i have my playercorefactory set as follows>

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="divx|mpls|ogv|m2ts|rm|iso|bdpls|mkv|bdmv|avi|mp4|xvid|h.264|dv|vcd|asf|mpg|mpeg|mpeg1|mov|hdmov|dat|rmvb|flv|vob|dvd|ts|vts|ifo|Divx|m4v|ogm|mpeg2|3gp|wmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Hi guys,

Here are another 8 intro XBMC movies (.mov) that I made. All movies are small in size, with FX sounds and a 1280x720 res.

http://uploaded.to/file/e3r9w1ag

(2012-04-04, 15:34)fmronan Wrote: New intro for my skin "Glass"

Hi fmronan,

Can you share the template you used please?
I'm using Transparency as my skin, and went for method 2 by amending advanced settings.xml and the home.xml files. I can get it to play a specific video by naming the file, such as c:\videos\xbmcintromovie.mov but is there a way I can get it to play 1 of 6 random videos in that directory instead?
(2012-06-30, 21:35)stigdu Wrote: I'm using Transparency as my skin, and went for method 2 by amending advanced settings.xml and the home.xml files. I can get it to play a specific video by naming the file, such as c:\videos\xbmcintromovie.mov but is there a way I can get it to play 1 of 6 random videos in that directory instead?
You don;t have to change anything, just install the "xbmc intro movie" addon and you are all set. Then just add as many movies as you like to play in random mode.

(2012-06-29, 18:05)DigitALL Wrote: Hi guys,

Here are another 8 intro XBMC movies (.mov) that I made. All movies are small in size, with FX sounds and a 1280x720 res.

http://uploaded.to/file/e3r9w1ag

These are very nice. I'm guessing you did this with AfterEffects? If so would you mind pm-ing me with the template files? I would like to change the font to the XBMC font. I can also add these to the first post if you like (of course, giving you credit).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
(2012-07-01, 01:40)DigitALL Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 21:35)stigdu Wrote: I'm using Transparency as my skin, and went for method 2 by amending advanced settings.xml and the home.xml files. I can get it to play a specific video by naming the file, such as c:\videos\xbmcintromovie.mov but is there a way I can get it to play 1 of 6 random videos in that directory instead?
You don;t have to change anything, just install the "xbmc intro movie" addon and you are all set. Then just add as many movies as you like to play in random mode.

Hmmm...nope, that didn't work.

I can see the 'XBMC Intro Movie' in my list of add-ons, and when I hit <ENTER> on it, I see an intro movie. I can hit 'C' to go into settings and change the variables, but when I exit and go back into XBMC, I don't get any intro movies.
same here with xperience
(2012-07-01, 19:03)stigdu Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 01:40)DigitALL Wrote:

Hmmm...nope, that didn't work.

I can see the 'XBMC Intro Movie' in my list of add-ons, and when I hit <ENTER> on it, I see an intro movie. I can hit 'C' to go into settings and change the variables, but when I exit and go back into XBMC, I don't get any intro movies.

(2012-07-03, 18:18)hentai23 Wrote: same here with xperience

The skin must support the addon. Try Aeon Nox 3.1 and see if it works (for testing purposes).
How to use Git
Hi htpc guy - yes, that works in Aeon Nox - must be a skin issue then. Thanks!
htpc guy,

Surely you could post them in the 1st post. I have tons of AE templates and in one afternoon I have selected about 7 templates. The movies depicted are just rendering fragments from the entire template but what is nice is that someone could upload their movies, pics, graph's to appear more personalized. However, my movies are very short with a decent res exactly to load quickly when xbmc starts. For instance if someone would make a complete template in full HD it will have more than one GB, so image the time is will take to load it.

Anyway, I will shortly provide the links with the selected uploaded templates. I believe that it is around 1.5Gb of data. Each one has a flv footage to see how it looks complete.

My question was to fmronan or anyone who would know where to find a template with 20th century fox or similar.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Intro Movie2