[Suggestion] GUI Message when updating database
Now that Eden RC1 is out, more and more people will soon move to the new version.

Between version beta2 and beta3, the video database needed upgrading and it took 30 minutes on my huge MySQL database.

If you close XBMC in the middle, it will mess up the database and you will have to manually go into MySQL and delete the newer database version and re-run XBMC. Until you do, XBMC will just crash. It happened to me as i was impatient and thought XBMC was frozen...

I suggest you put a message on the splash screen that says the database is being updated and it can take a while. If this is something that cannot be added because of the feature freeze, make sure you clearly post it on the download page for people coming from dharma

Just a suggestion of course... Wink

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Unfortunately this isn't trivial, else we would have already done it. It's unlikely to be done at this point in the release cycle, but is on the TODO for Eden+1.

If any dev wants to take a crack, let me know and I'm happy to help out on direction etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Suggestion] GUI Message when updating database0