WebDAV and Multi-part RAR files (.r00, .r01 etc)
I recently got my streaming setup to stop buffering by switching from SMB to WebDAV. For getting it to work, I needed to add some extensions to the MIME types settings in IIS, such as .mkv and .srt, otherwise XBMC was unable to access/download these files that didn't have their MIME types set up.

All good so far. Now the problem I'm facing are movies I've downloaded that come in multi-part RAR archives. Is there any way I can avoid having to add each of these extensions manually, say .r00, .r01, all the way up to say .r99?

I've been searching the boards and doing some Googling without much luck. Any one have ideas on the best way to go about this or will I need to add these manually to the MIME types?

Thanks a lot!
Of course, right after posting I found a solution that worked for me.
  • Open the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC), right-click the local computer name, and then click Properties.
  • Click MIME Types.
  • Click New.
  • In the Extension box, type an asterisk (*).
  • In the MIME Type box, type application/octet-stream.
  • Apply the new settings. Note that you must restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service or wait for the worker process to recycle for the changes to take effect.

source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326965
good catch - might want to make that .r?? or .r* though.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDAV and Multi-part RAR files (.r00, .r01 etc)0