new htpc - choppy video playback
Yes, update your Intel graphics drivers. I used the drivers on the CD that came with my Intel MB when I first setup my system (I have a G620 as well) and they were terrible. I updated to the newer versions and voila my issues disappeared.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
smith2012 Wrote:I'm just trying to play movies on mpc-hc only. I'll try out xbmc later on. Just trying to play the damn movie lol. Maybe I need to update intel graphics drivers, motherboard and sound drivers. I'm just using everything stock at the moment.

Umm... ya, update all of the drivers. I'[m not sure how much "support" you will get here for mpc-hc playback problems. Test with XBMC and let us know how it works out.
I did not enable dxva2 with my onboard Intel graphics and it work better. And it doesn't matter what codex pack you install
On i3-2100 turning DXVA on results in severe macroblocking during playback of high bitrate BD rips. This is a well reported problem. Perhaps you are playing different content that results in you getting "good" results with DXVA enabled... and yes, installation of some codec packs CAN and WILL cause problems, because some codec filters are flat out broken, and once installed they can be difficult to overwrite or remove.
smith2012 Wrote:I'm just trying to play movies on mpc-hc only.
It's a good place to start, and your HTPC should at least playback file with MPC-HC. You can try these-

1. Download the latest driver from here- Intel Download Center

2. Some stuttering can cause by difference in framerate of the video and the refreshrate of your monitor. MPC-HC has special options that allow automatic adjustment of the refreshrate in Options --> Playback --> Fullscreen.

3. You can try "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel.

4. See what is running in MSCONFIG, and you might want to disable some programs in it
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
voip-ninja Wrote:installation of some codec packs CAN cause problems, because some codec filters are flat out broken, and once installed they can be difficult to overwrite or remove.

yepp, thats why i use Shark007 Codecs package!
voip-ninja Wrote:because some codec filters are flat out broken, and once installed they can be difficult to overwrite or remove.
Which codec is broken? Do you mind share it with us so we know not to use this broken codec?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
There are several drivers from my Mobo on the manufacturer website. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...53&dl=1#dl. I'm on windows 64 bit.

These are the drivers, do I need to download them all? They're all from last year, except for the vga driver.

1.VIA audio driver
2.Intel Management Engine Interface
3.Intel INF installation
4.Atheros LAN driver
5.Intel SATA Preinstall driver
(For AHCI / RAID Mode)
Note: Press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy.
6.Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
7.Intel VGA Driver
not really. unless there's a "Unknown Device" in device manager...

if not, and all goes well, stay as is.

but as for VGA, yeah, grab the latest 1
changed evr custom to evr and video seems fine. thx.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new htpc - choppy video playback0