XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 1 available now
rugbymad Wrote:is it ok to install over dharma 10.1?

Thanks again everybody for the hard work it is much appreciated!!!!

Yes, it will install over and copy your databases to newer versions - no loss of data. Be patient while any addons auto-update, and be aware not all addons have been brought up to Eden. If in doubt, back up your user folder and install to a new directory like XBMC-Eden.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi there,

I upgraded from Beta2 to RC1 and it seems the database content has slightly changed? I use an (external) mySQL DB on my Home Server which is accessed by 3 Windows based XBMC clients.

After upgrading and searching for new media a couple of already exsiting movies were re-added. Same for TV shows. Maybe evyerthing I added with/after Beta 2/3? Not sure ...

Now there are a couple of "watched" flags missing. It seems like the upgrade caused some DB blackout for me.

Any explanation for this? Not a big deal but it's just unexpected behavior ...

P.S. To be more precise I installed in the following order: Pre-Eden, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Fallback to Beta 2 because of some strange behavior, RC 1. Here we are ;-)
Could people (such as Jabba - above) say what OS they're using? Just makes it easier to see whether it's likely to affect the rest of us.

XBMC still crashes when updating from Beta2 (DB version 58) to RC1 (DB version 60) using MySQL. Only two tables are created before the crash.

Last log lines before crash occurs at startup:

Quote:20:50:27 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video60 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video60')
20:50:27 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video59 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video59')
20:50:27 T:5024 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 58 to 60
20:50:27 T:3556 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
20:50:29 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to copy old database xbmc_video58 to new version xbmc_video60
20:50:29 T:5024 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Same exact problem happens with Beta 3 both on Windows and Sam's CrystalBuntu.
upD8R Wrote:Hi there,

I upgraded from Beta2 to RC1 and it seems the database content has slightly changed? I use an (external) mySQL DB on my Home Server which is accessed by 3 Windows based XBMC clients.

After upgrading and searching for new media a couple of already exsiting movies were re-added. Same for TV shows. Maybe evyerthing I added with/after Beta 2/3? Not sure ...

Now there are a couple of "watched" flags missing. It seems like the upgrade caused some DB blackout for me.

Any explanation for this? Not a big deal but it's just unexpected behavior ...

P.S. To be more precise I installed in the following order: Pre-Eden, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Fallback to Beta 2 because of some strange behavior, RC 1. Here we are ;-)

The video database has been upgraded to myvideos60.db. Because you rolled back to Beta 2 you may have to rescrape or delete myvideos60.db and re-start XBMC to upgrade the database correctly.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
jabbba Wrote:I have some major issues since installing RC1. Video on my Apple TV is very jerky and HD is unwatchable. What is going on? Similar issues manifested itself on earlier version only if I enabled Audio/Video sync.

I also noticed this issue last night, has anyone else had this issue or is this being looked into??
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:I also noticed this issue last night, has anyone else had this issue or is this being looked into??

If it's not fixed by the workaround listed in my previous post then yes, we are aware of the issue and it is being fixed as we speak.
DDDamian Wrote:If it's not fixed by the workaround listed in my previous post then yes, we are aware of the issue and it is being fixed as we speak.

I must be blind because the last post i see from you in this thread is about the DB upgrade not the video sync issue.

Can you point me to the correct post?

Never mind im Blind:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124185
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

DDDamian Wrote:The video database has been upgraded to myvideos60.db. Because you rolled back to Beta 2 you may have to rescrape or delete myvideos60.db and re-start XBMC to upgrade the database correctly.
It seems my issue is related to what bleze just posted.

I guess v59 was created in mySQL during upgrade from Beta2 to Beta3. My fallback to Beta2 forced the usage of v58 again. So I was working last two weeks on v58.

Now I upgraded to RC1 and RC1 finds a v59 DB from the Beta 3 trial and converts it to v60. So the content I added to v58 is "lost" (not physically lost, of course).

Sounds logical.
upD8R Wrote:It seems my issue is related to what bleze just posted.

I guess v59 was created in mySQL during upgrade from Beta2 to Beta3. My fallback to Beta2 forced the usage of v58 again. So I was working last two weeks on v58.

Now I upgraded to RC1 and RC1 finds a v59 DB from the Beta 3 trial and converts it to v60. So the content I added to v58 is "lost" (not physically lost, of course).

Sounds logical.

Delete 59 and 60 and it will migrate from 58 to 60 again.

I have not solved my problem, so right now cloning the git source and going to debug what's causing the crash since I seem to be pretty much alone with it.
upD8R Wrote:It seems my issue is related to what bleze just posted.

Sounds logical.

Beta 3 upgraded to myvideos60.db, but you can use the methods I mentioned to get everything together again. Big Grin
Not sure how to do it. I don't speak SQL ... so how do I delete a DB at my mySQL server?

Anyway, not sure if it's worth the hazzle - I've already made all changes manually. But I hope I won't get to the same situation with the next update ;-)
Upgraded from Beta 3 to RC1 on OSX. Several problems:

- Cannot browse videos by File (the Video > Files option is missing and selecting Files from the Home menu takes me to TV Shows)
- Watched setting for TV shows was reset or corrupt.

Maybe there was a problem updating the DB? I tried dong a 'Clean Library', this had no affect. I might have to roll back to Beta 3. In it's current state I can't use this build.
upD8R Wrote:Not sure how to do it. I don't speak SQL ... so how do I delete a DB at my mySQL server?

Anyway, not sure if it's worth the hazzle - I've already made all changes manually. But I hope I won't get to the same situation with the next update ;-)

Search for and install HeidiSQL, it will allow you to manage your databases with a GUI interface.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Amadeus Wrote:Could people (such as Jabba - above) say what OS they're using? Just makes it easier to see whether it's likely to affect the rest of us.

I did, I'm using Apple TV :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 1 available now1