Help please installing on ATV2
Thanks for your patience, but I think I am losing it!!! (The will to live that is Rolleyes).

I have transporter 3 in my library and it appears in the list. There is s tiny thumbnail beside it which has the cover art. The only way I can get an "I" is to use my iPad remote. This then brings up an on screen keypad and the Transporter film is in the main box. If I hit "Done" there is a brief dialogue mox that refers to a Yahoo film dtatmase, but nothing else happens.

I would love to send you some screen shots but this is on Apple TV and the only remote access I have is via the iPad. Is there a PC app that would giveme remote control and be able to give you a screen shot?

I am afraid you have lost me with the "Scraper" comment. I don't know what that is. Told you I was new to this!!!

Thanks again for your patience.
Okay that's good it sheds some light...it sounds like you haven't scanned things into the library using one of the more regular "scrapers" - (scrapers = the mechanism that you use to scrape a movie's info from web, plot info, thumbnails, fanart etc).

Please watch the youtube link about adding files to your library I posted earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWYxqoOF...re=related

If you follow the steps in this video you should get to where you need to be. He uses the IMDB movie scraper just for reference.
Hi, I'm getting it in the neck from my wife for comandeering the TV over the weekend so I need to pick my time to work on this. I should be able to get back to it tomorrow evening so please stay with me Big Grin
Hiya Mr Sharpe, Had access to the TV last night for half an hour!! - And got nowhere:-( I avidly watched the video but there are some fundamental differences between Eden with Back-row and Dharma and the "path" to the default library is more complex. I finally got to my Library on my NAS server but it just mirrored what I already had, that is a list of files on a red curtain background. Also, on trying a number of paths to try to find the NAS, the box crashed and re-set on many occasions. Maybe this will be fixed in later Eden updates.

When I booted into Back-Row, there was a small dialogue box that said it was updating audio files but after about 5 mins, a dialogue box popped up and said that the server was not contactable.

I seem to be getting more and more lost in this! Would it make sense to uninstall Back-Row and start from scratch?

Thanks again.
An update....

I went back to the ATV top-level menu and looked at the share path. I went to the file settings and located the films and music on my NAS. I noticed in the ATV menu that fanart was not enabled so I enabled it. As the files were scanned, so did the cover art! It was a basic grid but the film covers were retreived from somewhere! I hoped that this had solved the problem with Back-Row, but nothing changed.

One penny that dropped today was that all the fancy backgrounds and info are from Fanart - I had been calling them "themes" so now understand the earlier confusion.

Despite all this, I am no further forward with getting the wonderful displays but hope that today's findings give you a bit more of an insight as to where I am going wrong!

Cheers
pdeseymour Wrote:An update....

I went back to the ATV top-level menu and looked at the share path. I went to the file settings and located the films and music on my NAS. I noticed in the ATV menu that fanart was not enabled so I enabled it. As the files were scanned, so did the cover art! It was a basic grid but the film covers were retreived from somewhere! I hoped that this had solved the problem with Back-Row, but nothing changed.

One penny that dropped today was that all the fancy backgrounds and info are from Fanart - I had been calling them "themes" so now understand the earlier confusion.

Despite all this, I am no further forward with getting the wonderful displays but hope that today's findings give you a bit more of an insight as to where I am going wrong!

Cheers

Hi again

Okay that's some progress so that's good.

I think we should point out here that the problems you are experiencing whilst learning how to:

1. Create video sources,
2. Set content for these sources (TV, Movies etc),
3. Choose a scraper for these source (IMDB, TVDB etc)
4. And then ultimately scan these sources in order to create your video library

...are nothing to do with the skin you are currently using (in this case Back Row). These are all regular XBMC help needed questions. You would likely get much more help by posting a request for help in "setting up my video library" within this part of the forum:

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

It might be worth also searching for and reading up on similar requests within that forum as many people have trod the same path as you.

It's just that I'm probably not able to help you anymore than I already have done - as I can't think of what else to point you at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help please installing on ATV20