Upnp not working since Eden
Question 
Hi,

I recentrly upgraded to Eden Beta1 and Upnp sharing seems not to work anymore with HD movies (no problem with SD). Movies just wont play and display a movie length of 10+ hours...
Actually I'm using XBMC as my Upnp server on Windows 7 64bits to stream my movies library over my local network, mainly to my WD TV live.

I was also having issues with Darma, as HD movies where "lagging" at the beginning of the movie, but after some rewind-play-pause it was going OK.
Quite annoying nevertheless, this is was I tested other Upnp servers like mezzmo, mediaportal... They are all working well, even with HD movies, but Xbmc is definitely the best media server to manage movies library.

I know that Upnp is not a main feature of Xbmc, but this is one of the features I love the most... is there a way to fix it in the next future ?
Or maybe do you know a good Upnp server that can integrate with Xbmc to share its library ?

Do you need some debug log or is it a known bug with Eden ?

Thanks for making such a great tool
I found your post when doing a search for an issue I'm having with UPnP. FYi, I'm using mediatomb and I have no problem with sharing. I can watch the shows just fine. However, none of them show up in the library.
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, I think mediatomb is not windows compatible Sad
eydaimon Wrote:I found your post when doing a search for an issue I'm having with UPnP. FYi, I'm using mediatomb and I have no problem with sharing. I can watch the shows just fine. However, none of them show up in the library.

UPnP won't work with XBMC's library functions because UPnP network paths are dynamic. XBMC needs static network paths for library information.
OK just installed Serviio, an Upnp server that is fully compatible with Xbmc library and all my problems are gone.

Thanks
Ned Scott Wrote:UPnP won't work with XBMC's library functions because UPnP network paths are dynamic. XBMC needs static network paths for library information.

It used to work - I had 12 on my laptop working fine with both the MythTV recordings uPnP resource and MediaTomb, but the MythTV plugin to enable watching live wouldn't work with 12 connecting to MythTv 0.24. Updating to Eden, I now find that I can watch live TV and recordings via the plugin, but it's no longer seeing the uPnP resources on the network, so something has broken/changed between 12 and 13 (the uPnP resources still work via my Android tablet, so they're ok)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp not working since Eden0