RC1 still problems with AirPlay
I have an iPad 2 so I've been really interested in the AirPlay feature of XBMC.

Back when I started using Eden Beta 1 it worked great for me.

However, Eden Beta 2 broke Video AirPlay for me when using the Air Video app which is the only app I am interested in using AirPlay from. Since then its has still been broken in Beta 3 and is still broken in RC1.

I can post a log tonight I suppose as I am not at home right now.

My iPad 2 has been running 5.0.1 since the start of the Eden Beta.
Same problems here, Youtube works but no other app (even Apple's own Trailers app or previews from the iTunes store) won't play through Airplay. My iDevices are running 5.0.1 iOS. Section of Debug log is below :
Code:
12:40:53 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /rate with rate 1
12:40:53 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got GET request /scrub
12:40:53 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /playback-info
12:40:53 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: sending event: stopped
12:40:53 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got GET request /scrub
12:40:53 T:4500    INFO: AIRPLAY Server: Disconnection detected
12:40:53 T:4100   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
12:40:53 T:4500    INFO: AIRPLAY Server: Disconnection detected
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY Server: New connection detected
12:40:58 T:4500    INFO: AIRPLAY Server: New connection added
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /server-info
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /server-info
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /stop
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: sending event: stopped
12:40:58 T:4500   DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /stop
12:40:58 T:4500    INFO: AIRPLAY Server: Disconnection detected
12:41:04 T:4100    INFO: Previous line repeats 3 times.
I also have trouble getting airplay to work. Beta 2 worked, beta 3 / RC1 did not work. Here is a full debug log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NLMnmJGL
What actually happens is that I can select to send the content from my ipad to xbmc, and from the ipad's point of view everything works, but nothing happens in XBMC.
In beta2 I was actually able to send video from Airvideo to XBMC (this is what I am trying to do in the attached log).
Chimera2345 Wrote:Same problems here, Youtube works but no other app (even Apple's own Trailers app or previews from the iTunes store) won't play through Airplay. My iDevices are running 5.0.1 iOS. Section of Debug log is below : ...

For the Apple Trailer App it works here only when i configure it to High definition quality in trailer settings. Don't ask me why. When i do different it only plays for 1 - 2 secs and bumps off then. AirVideo works for me from both, ios4.3 ipad and ios5.0.1 ipod touch 4g...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
SirMaster Wrote:I have an iPad 2 so I've been really interested in the AirPlay feature of XBMC.

Back when I started using Eden Beta 1 it worked great for me.

However, Eden Beta 2 broke Video AirPlay for me when using the Air Video app which is the only app I am interested in using AirPlay from. Since then its has still been broken in Beta 3 and is still broken in RC1.

I can post a log tonight I suppose as I am not at home right now.

My iPad 2 has been running 5.0.1 since the start of the Eden Beta.

Yeah please post a full log since i can't reproduce the issue. All apps are working here for me (including apple videos, apple trailer 720p, airvideo, youtube, music/ipod - both on ios5 and ios4.3 - tested with xbmc running on linux, osx, ios and windows xp).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ahh you are playing with live conversion. AirVideo problem is reproducable then. Next time please be a bit more specific ... this could have been fixed already in b3 ... but now i really have problems to get this fix ready for eden ...
I'm so sorry I wasn't more specific. Yes I am using Live Conversion.

I know this AirPlay implementation is very complicated and that you are basically reverse engineering Apple's implementations because it's not a published standard or anything.

You ARE doing an amazing job so far and I'm sure everyone really appreciates the iOS work you have put into XBMC. IMO it really makes XBMC stand out above the rest of the media centers that don't have these kind of features.

I know you will work on it when you can and that the Eden "RTM/Gold" is coming very quickly.

I have faith that you will eventually iron out the last bugs. Even it it takes until 11.1 or something.

Again, you have done awesome job so far as RC1 does work with everything else I've tested including Youtube, Apple trailers, Music, streaming Pandora, etc.

Just I use AirVideo to stream movies in 720p at quite high quality when selecting the 2560kbit option in AirVieo when I am at someone else's home (like my parents) and so far NO AirPlay application that runs on Windows has been able to successfully AirPlay Live conversion from AirVideo.

Except of course Eden Beta 1 which does work.

Thank you again Memphiz for all your hard and diligent work. None of this iOS and AirPlay stuff would probably be possible without you!
I'm sorry to hear about your issues playing HD via AirVideo over AirPlay to XBMC.

Without wanting to hijack your thread, I am very pleased to hear you are able to stream music no problem. As the last thing I heard was that sharing music to XBMC using AirPlay was not possible at all. (something to do with the API not being available or something?)
My YouTube AirPlay works fine, but itunes music from iPad 2 and iPhone still doesn't work in rc1...

Basically it's the same as beta3 was, with regards to AirPlay for me.
alexbo Wrote:My YouTube AirPlay works fine, but itunes music from iPad 2 and iPhone still doesn't work in rc1...

Basically it's the same as beta3 was, with regards to AirPlay for me.

Are you able to send music from any other apps? (is it just iTunes which doesn't work)?
Guys stop mixing up things here.

Music AirPlay is not possible when using Windows on XBMC (but it works on all other plattforms). This won't change for Eden.
SirMaster Wrote:I'm so sorry I wasn't more specific. Yes I am using Live Conversion.

I know this AirPlay implementation is very complicated and that you are basically reverse engineering Apple's implementations because it's not a published standard or anything.

You ARE doing an amazing job so far and I'm sure everyone really appreciates the iOS work you have put into XBMC. IMO it really makes XBMC stand out above the rest of the media centers that don't have these kind of features.

I know you will work on it when you can and that the Eden "RTM/Gold" is coming very quickly.

I have faith that you will eventually iron out the last bugs. Even it it takes until 11.1 or something.

Again, you have done awesome job so far as RC1 does work with everything else I've tested including Youtube, Apple trailers, Music, streaming Pandora, etc.

Just I use AirVideo to stream movies in 720p at quite high quality when selecting the 2560kbit option in AirVieo when I am at someone else's home (like my parents) and so far NO AirPlay application that runs on Windows has been able to successfully AirPlay Live conversion from AirVideo.

Except of course Eden Beta 1 which does work.

Thank you again Memphiz for all your hard and diligent work. None of this iOS and AirPlay stuff would probably be possible without you!

Thx for that one.

Basically the issues we see aren't airplay issues anymore. These are mostly playback issues of the XBMC core. AirPlay throws any kind of strange Http urls onto XBMC now and this reveals some flaws in XBMC (or the way i start playback in the airplay implementation).
Memphiz Wrote:Thx for that one.

Basically the issues we see aren't airplay issues anymore. These are mostly playback issues of the XBMC core. AirPlay throws any kind of strange Http urls onto XBMC now and this reveals some flaws in XBMC (or the way i start playback in the airplay implementation).

So does this mean that this is fixable before Eden final? Obviously somebody changed something between Beta 1 and 2.

Just wondering.

Also why can't music work in Windows? Can anything be learned from this project?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/shairport4w/

It receives audio-only AirPlay in Windows.

Thanks.
Somebody == me. I fixed Apple Trailers App playback - this broke AirVideo Playback when using live conversion.

I've committed a fix for that regression in mainline and its most likly that it will hit eden (maybe even next RC).

For that audio stuff. No we don't want to learn anything from shairport4w. We already have an airplay audio solution for all other plattforms. We are relying on that one and "just" need to port it over to Windows which is a mighty task to do for our windows devs. Putting 2 solutions in there (one for windows and one for all others) would give a heavy support mess - its hard enough in the way like its now (where most features share the same code on all plattforms already).
Cool, thanks for the update.

I understand about not wanting 2 implementations. Was just curious if there was another reason for it not working yet or not.

I'm sure people can wait till 11.1 or whenever it gets ported then Smile

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC1 still problems with AirPlay0