Sleep
I guess the decision was to not implement Allow Suspend into the final release? Sad Just downloaded the new release and can see its not there
No because this is just the wrong approach. We need to overhaul all this powermanagement mess so its usable on all platforms and not so osx specific.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, Ill just stick to the RC3 mod you made for now Smile
(2013-01-30, 17:04)Stevenlr Wrote: I guess the decision was to not implement Allow Suspend into the final release? Sad Just downloaded the new release and can see its not there
(2013-01-30, 17:08)Memphiz Wrote: No because this is just the wrong approach. We need to overhaul all this powermanagement mess so its usable on all platforms and not so osx specific.

Well I hope this fix makes it in there more or less intact. It works perfectly for me, and even the name of the option is intuitive, "Allow suspend" (once you figure out that 'suspend' means 'sleep' in mac-speak). Thanks again for finding a solution!
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
imo "allow suspend" should be default on - unrelated to the shutdown timer option. It doesn't make sense to me that xbmc prevents sleep when idle. (if this is what the user wants he should just switch off the pm option in osx imo). But as usual - we make decisions - and once we implement it there will be at least 1 user who states "i'm annoyed by that new behaviour"... Wink

We can't add settings for each little thing like this. XBMC is already complicated enough with all those settings...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
If playing a movie with this option on my mac mini it wouldnt goto sleep would it? Its only used for xbmc and some web browsing so mostly xbmc is up i wouldnt want this thing going to sleep if middle of a movie i have my sleep timers set low for if im at a main screen not watching a movie? Can anyone clear that up?
It allows sleep when xbmc is idle for "shutdowntime" (meaning - no music/video playing just sitting in the menu). If the mac goes to sleep then is decided by osx (if no other app prevents the sleep it might go to sleep then).
Perfect will give this a shot.
Well from the testing i have done this works great. Mac goes completely to sleep mouse brings it back and starts right back up in xbmc. Haven't got to test it to indepth but so far so good for me. Thanks MEMPHIZ.
@Memphiz; I agree this should be default behaviour. If XBMC is idle, it should just obey it's OS's power management settings. XBMC is software, not an OS in itself, so it should play by the rules that are set by the OS.

The current power management options in XBMC are fine as they are, but the fact that XBMC currently won't go to sleep when idle, even when that's the OS's power management settings and when you've got no power settings set in XBMC itself is weird and unexpected behaviour in my opinion.
Problem is - users will (yes they will - believe me) complain about the fact that the OS - Screensaver will kick in and shadows XBMCs own screensaver.

IIRC there is no way to prevent the OS Screensaver without preventing Sleep.
Ha, yes I'm sure user will complain about that. So the current behaviour is basically XBMC's prevention of the OS Screensaver? I think (and users will probably disagree and complain) that if you want XBMC's screensaver, you should disable the OS screensaver. You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Now we are Talking Wink
This "Allow Suspend" modification of Memphiz is great. It doesn't seem to be in 12.1. Any idea when it might be incorporated?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep0