Let the AV-Receiver or TV Deinterlacing Live TV or Videos...?
Is there a possibility within XBMC to let my AV-Receiver or TV do the deinterlacing job for interlaced videos or Live TV?

As i can remember that there has to be a interlaced flag set in the output signal via HDMI to the AV-receiver or TV so that they understand that there is data to deinterlace.

I am asking this because of the bad deinterlacing quality of my sandy bridge Core i3 with intergarted HD2000 intel graphics.
The current drivers and vaapi from the ext branch only support BOB deinterlacing which results in terrible shivering horizontal lines on the screen.
I think it will still take some time until intel drivers will have nice adaptive deinterlacing.
You can turn off deinterlacing while watching a video and then apply it to all movies.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:You can turn off deinterlacing while watching a video and then apply it to all movies.

I know, but does this setting really result in having a interlaced flag set in the output stream?
josch.hh Wrote:I know, but does this setting really result in having a interlaced flag set in the output stream?

AVRs and TVs detect interlaced material based the signal. Doesn't matter if it's coming from satellite or a DVD player or XBMC.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:AVRs and TVs detect interlaced material based the signal. Doesn't matter if it's coming from satellite or a DVD player or XBMC.

I can not reproduce what you propose.
I assume that the settings from xbmc/xorg DO make a difference for the output signal.

What do i do when xorg is set to 1080p and i run a video which is interlaced?
I don't know about xorg, but what happens on your TV when it's sent interlaced data?
DDDamian Wrote:I don't know about xorg, but what happens on your TV when it's sent interlaced data?

the interlaced data is not deinterlaced.
But i think this is obvious cause the standard setting of xorg is to handshake to the highest resultion value, which is in case of TV not only the resultion but also the status if the signal is interlaced or not:
Standard handshake is on 1080p not 1080i.
So i guess the TV will never try to deinterlace if it asumse that it gets progressiv data from the 1080p setting.
I think you'll need to hope someone familiar with your setup (give details of receiver/TV) comes along. Handshaking reports all available modes it's capable of, not just the highest resolution. Naturally that should include everything from 480 - 1080p, including 1080i.

Your TV & receiver, as well as your video drivers all come into play if you don't wish XBMC to deinterlace for you.
Not really. XBMC always outputs progressive video. Deinterlacing by the display device is not supported by XBMC. So you are stuck with Bob at the moment. With Windows Vista and above you should be able to use better GPU deinterlace methods. But Intel HD is known to have video decoding issues with DXVA...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Let the AV-Receiver or TV Deinterlacing Live TV or Videos...?0