i've lost my remote!
this isn't such a big issue once I'm in xbmc with the android remote, but.. if I exit out or reboot.. I can't control frontrow to get back in! is the a command I can run via ssh to start xbmc on the atv?
Install the xbmc-booter.

Quote:apt-get install org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

To disable direct booting:

apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

to ssh to apple tv it ssh root@your -appletv-ip

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=912...stcount=16
Install the official appletv2 remote app ... (HDremote or what its called) ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Install vnc server. Control ATV so you can teach it a new remote (any old remote will work). Then uninstall vnc.
a replacement genuine remote is cheap enough
Ned Scott Wrote:Install vnc server. Control ATV so you can teach it a new remote (any old remote will work). Then uninstall vnc.

I am SO glad you said this, didn't know you can teach it a new remote, now using XBMC with my Onkyo HT remote by just teaching the ATV2 it within Frontrow, no setup in XBMC required!
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
RudolfR Wrote:Install the xbmc-booter.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=912...stcount=16

that'd be great, if all i ever wanted to use was XBMC. but it's not.

Memphiz Wrote:Install the official appletv2 remote app ... (HDremote or what its called) ...

i haven't found an XBMC remote for android yet.. and it's getting really frustrating to me.. everything i've found is more like an itunes remote, that can select the appletv as the play to device..

Ned Scott Wrote:Install vnc server. Control ATV so you can teach it a new remote (any old remote will work). Then uninstall vnc.

i may wind up doing this, for the time being.. except we don't have very many (spare) remotes.

rickrude Wrote:a replacement genuine remote is cheap enough

yes, it would be cheap enough, if i wanted to spend 20 dollars on another piece of metal that will probably get lost again.

i'll probably wind up ordering a Harmony, and wait for that to come in, rather than spending 20 dollars on an apple remote. the apple remote will show up eventually, i'm sure.. although, there are some among us who believe it may have gotten in the stack of sunday papers, and put out for recycling...

sigh.
haha i lost mine down the side of the couch. It is in there but I can't get it out. I programmed some spare buttons on the TV remote, but got sick of it. The apple remote is so much faster to navigate XBMC, but like you say, so easy to lose!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i've lost my remote!0