ATV 1-XBMC RC1....No Sound...
I have not audio output while in XBMC on my jailbroken Apple TV Ver1. The audio works in all other applications. I am connected through my Denon 3311CI surround system. I checked the settings in XBMC, and the output settings are for HDMI, which is how the Apple TV is connected. Has any one else ran into audio output problems such as this?
Thanks for any help provided.
I am having the same issues with aTV v1. In earlier beta versions, I only lost audio when playing video files. I was able to swtch the XBMC system audio output to 2.0 channels (from 5.1) and bypass the audio problem. Now with RC1, I have no audio with video and audio files. The switch to 2.0 channels doesn't work anymore. the exception seems to be when playing .avi format videos, there is some audio, but it's corrupted.
Logs...?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have submitted a logfile from earlier today.
Thanks.
Sad 
After installing 11.0, I lost all audio while playing a video file. I renamed the guisettings.xml file guisettings_old.xml and reloaded 11.0 eden rc1. Reinstall created new guisettings.xml file. Still no audio.
Please enable debug logging (settings->system->debugging), pastebin the resulting log and link to it from here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

lspin Wrote:I have submitted a logfile from earlier today.
Thanks.

Unless you provide a reference to said logfile... Lets try and make our jobs easier and not make us dig around.
moved to osx and pinged phi who did latest osx audio changes ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just tested a freshly patched ATV1 with original ATV OS and XBMC v11 Eden RC 1.

No issue with audio. Sound is great.

I'll try using different audio outputs and see if maybe it's a specific output (using analog audio out right now).
This is my first post, so your patience is appreciated.

I upgraded my XBMC (running on hacked ATV1) to Eden RC1 last night. After the upgrade, I was updating addons and ensuring the new settings were correct, but XBMC crashed more than once, at various times showing error codes 4, 6, 8, and 11. I disabled all the addons until I got XBMC to run without crashing. However, when I tried to play videos (movies or tv), there was no sound. I checked the audio settings, they are correct, set to HDMI, speakers set to 5.1 surround. I get some nav sounds, but not consistent.

When I looked at the sound settings from within a video file, the sound settings show as Mono (1/1), with no option to change to any other setting.

I'm stumped, and have zero experience working with ATV or any apple OS. I LOVE my XBMC, so any and all help sincerely appreciated.

I would love to include a log file, but my settings say "You may not post attachments", and I have no idea how to change that. Told ya I was a newb...

Thanks in advance,

Tom
use www.pastebin.com to post and provide the link.
~ATV420~
-AppleTV1
-Crystal HD Card 70015 w/ r174 drivers
-EDEN Beta RC2
-SMB server
Thanks for that!

Here's the link to my log file:

http://pastebin.com/4GzYtydg

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

Tom
To davilla and phi2039: Thanks for your patience. I'm new here, too.
To atv420: Thanks for your help.

I was under the impression that the link would be available to support staff as I had attached it to my bug report ticket.

Here's the link to my logfile: http://pastebin.com/vzJj9b6m
IM HAVING EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE. HERE IS MY LOG. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

http://pastebin.com/3gZi2ZG6
xbmc log
apple tv1-crystalHD-os10.4.9 combo update 11.0 eden rc1
audio-analog speaker config-2.0
audio output device-default output device

all files played correctly with 11 beta 3, all audio disappeared after 11.0 rc1

log file:
http://pastebin.com/v2EKsYtU

let me know if you need any more info. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 1-XBMC RC1....No Sound...0