Solved Aeon Nox slow
I use Aeon Nox on a powerful Windows 7 machine w/SSD. But I feel the experience is very slow and sluggish, especially during startup. I use mySQL DB on my NAS together with my libraries.

The watchlist-script takes some time to load, and it doesn't respond very well when i move around in the menus.

Earlier it worked better, I can remember. I was very happy with the snappiness of the skin. I have been away for a while, and have used the Quartz skin on my ATV2 for the most part.

Any tip how to improve the performance with Aeon Nox?
The Real Skimshady
With large databases on mysql slowdowns are usually caused by scripts running in the background. Next aired, watchlist, random items.
Turn that off and see if it improves anything.
Big_Noid Wrote:With large databases on mysql slowdowns are usually caused by scripts running in the background. Next aired, watchlist, random items.
Turn that off and see if it improves anything.

OK, thanks.

So these scripts don't run smoothly on very fast machines? Even with a large library, say 40 movies and 30 TV shows (with e.g 4 seasons each and x episodes)?

Sometimes it runs very smooth, but in periods it is really bad, then especially during startups.

Why can't the skin/xbmc preserve the thumbs for TV shows and movies that watchlist script served last time? So that the mediashelf boxes is not grey until watchlist script has run finished. Looks bad until everything is loaded...

And the scripts should also run more nicely so it wont steal resources from basic XBMC navigation and flow.
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:And the scripts should also run more nicely so it wont steal resources from basic XBMC navigation and flow.

and in a perfect we we would all be happy.

I have a very large library (500 movies, 40 shows and 22000 song) and i have no issues. I do have some powerfull HTPC without mysql library.
If it is to slow disable it or buy some decent equipment or leave your HTPC running.
If there's something that can be done it will be done! Just accept it like it is now.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Every skin should use a disclaimer:

USE SCRIPTS TO YOUR OWN RISK !

I'm sure 99% slowlness, XBMC hanging or crashing are scripts running in the background.
(2012-03-02, 13:03)Martijn Wrote: [quote=bthusby]

I have a very large library (500 movies, 40 shows and 22000 song) and i have no issues. I do have some powerfull HTPC without mysql library.
If it is to slow disable it or buy some decent equipment or leave your HTPC running.
If there's something that can be done it will be done! Just accept it like it is now.

Sorry, but 500 movies and 40 tv shows is NOT in any way a large library, let alone a "very large library".

I have 1024 movies, and 992 TV shows with 63946 episodes. THAT is a large database.

So, it is unlikely that you would experience the slowness that people like myself have had accessing our SQL databases. For example, it takes about 14 seconds to load the TV section of the library.
(2012-06-05, 13:58)planejumper Wrote: So, it is unlikely that you would experience the slowness that people like myself have had accessing our SQL databases. For example, it takes about 14 seconds to load the TV section of the library.

So it's still unlikely that this is a skin issue.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If the thumb loading is bad you are either using a nightly or enabled use poster.jpg/banner.jpg
I notice startup is very slow with this skin (3.0.1). 10-15 seconds looking at the progress circle before homescreen appears.

Every other skin is instant.

And that's on a reasonably fast Win7 desktop with SSD. I uninstalled all the add-ons except for XBMC default.
(2012-06-06, 13:18)voochi Wrote: I notice startup is very slow with this skin (3.0.1). 10-15 seconds looking at the progress circle before homescreen appears.

And that's on a reasonably fast Win7 desktop with SSD. I uninstalled all the add-ons except for XBMC default.

that´s because of the watchlist script which can take a while. if you don´t want to wait, just press a button.
Xperience skin should behave the same.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I have to say that it is not a skin issue I use latest Nox on my appletv2 with 870 movies, 1319 episodes, 15567 songs and it boots up pretty quick, just disable some addons.

I'd ask the creators of the other skins when they launch watchlist and other scripts, they may show faster but still be loading scripts.
Well, My E-penis is even larger with 950 Movies and 100 Shows/7100 Episodes and i am also experiencing alot of lag in the interface.

I am runnig a quadcode machine with a GTX460 videocard and an SSD.

Where to disable the Watchlist script?
E-penis was never the issue, some have said large libraries could be the cause of slow start load times, I'm saying it's not. and you can't disable watchlist, you have to manualy delete it from your addons/ directory

by interface lag do you mean navigating thru movies/tv's and such? because if you share thumbs over network it will slow it down, have you tried dirtyregions in advancedsettings.xml?
(2012-06-06, 13:22)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 13:18)voochi Wrote: I notice startup is very slow with this skin (3.0.1). 10-15 seconds looking at the progress circle before homescreen appears.

that´s because of the watchlist script which can take a while. if you don´t want to wait, just press a button.

What's the consecuence if I press a button while watchlist is workning? The script stops to run? the script runs in background?
(2012-06-06, 18:30)ferent Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 13:22)phil65 Wrote:

What's the consecuence if I press a button while watchlist is workning? The script stops to run? the script runs in background?

script runs in background.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox slow0