XBMC-Tvheadend addon
Hello, i have been XBMC-pvr on several machines in my house, they are all connected to my Tvheadend server, Unfortionatly the server is almost running out of simultanious users for tv streams, i only have 3 DVB-s cards installd at the moment, but i have a secound Tvheadend server running on the net for two other users.
My BIG question is: Is it posible to make the Tvheadend addon search for a secund server to supply the tv stream i want?
Like :
server 1 = IP adress Username Password - - - - - - - - -
server 2 = IP adress Username Password ----------- - - -
Server 3. ....

If the reply from the first server is: In use by other user then the addon will try the next on the list for available streams.

I don't know any programming, but i assume it would be possible, but i don't know how to do it.

This could also be usefull if you only hav two machines, 1 with 1 DVB card and maybe another with two.
If one of the cards is occupied with recording, the addon will try asking the second machine for the channel......

I do not know how this would look like, if it should ask for a program ID or frequence or just the channel name, but i think it would be possible or Huh? Huh

I also have another ide' i do not know how to do....
Since the TVheadend does not support pause, wold it not be possible to let XBMC handle the stream, like buffering until you push play again, when leaving the program trhe cash is cleaned.

Just an Ide' please give me a comment if i'm TOO FAR OUT Rofl

Kjell
not possible with the current codebase, sorry.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Is it possible to connect Tvheadend-2 as an IPTV source and visa versa? Then the problem might solve itself? ( i know it may be a better questin for Tvheadend Forum so i'll ask it over there too )

Kjell
Why not putting the extra dvb cards in with the primary tv backend? And run one tvheadend instance?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
I have got 1 Dual DVB-S2 card + 1 quadro DVB-S2 card in the main machine, i dont think it can handle much more :-)

The problem is that the other machine is on the other end of a 250 meter wireless link.
No i'm pushing all signal over this link to two clients, but i was hoping to join these two mashines, so they could share the load of the different users.
Or if one of the machines is down for service or by accident ( i'v been fidling around) the other can supply the signal until the main machine is back up again.

The secound machine only hold tree DVB cards for now :-)

Kjell

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-Tvheadend addon0