possible to remap remote to work with mpc-hc
doubt its possible, but just wondering if its possible to map volume, pause/play/fastfwd and rewind buttons to mpc-hc so I don't have to use two remotes on my phone while watching a movie.
For just the remoting part you can use Yatse Widget (check my sign).

But i don't provide browsing functions that the official remote does pretty well.
robl45 Wrote:doubt its possible, but just wondering if its possible to map volume, pause/play/fastfwd and rewind buttons to mpc-hc so I don't have to use two remotes on my phone while watching a movie.
Yes, you can achieve it by setting up MPC-HC Keys as shown in my screen shot below:

You need to do these for volume buttons-
-View--> Options--> Keys
-Scroll down to Volume Up and Volume Down
-Scroll to the right to App Command and double-click "VOLUME_UP" and "VOLUME_DOWN".

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
doing this will cause mpc-hc to work with the official xbmc android remote?

bluray Wrote:Yes, you can achieve it by setting up MPC-HC Keys as shown in my screen shot below:

You need to do these for volume buttons-
-View--> Options--> Keys
-Scroll down to Volume Up and Volume Down
-Scroll to the right to App Command and double-click "VOLUME_UP" and "VOLUME_DOWN".

Tolriq Wrote:For just the remoting part you can use Yatse Widget (check my sign).

But i don't provide browsing functions that the official remote does pretty well.

just got to look at this, so this is a separate remote that will control xbmc and mpc-hc? so I wouldn't use the xbmc remote anymore if I used your widget?
robl45 Wrote:doing this will cause mpc-hc to work with the official xbmc android remote?
I'm not sure about Andriod remote, because I never use Andriod remote. I can control MPC-HC and XBMC with the same MCE remote.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@rol45 yes the remote works with Xbmc and Mpc Hc used as an external player.
You'll just miss the browsing library part if you use it.

@bluray, you settings makes mpc works only with ir remotes that send real keypress, android remotes does not so it don't works.
Tolriq Wrote:@rol45 yes the remote works with Xbmc and Mpc Hc used as an external player.
You'll just miss the browsing library part if you use it.

@bluray, you settings makes mpc works only with ir remotes that send real keypress, android remotes does not so it don't works.

i just tried it, works for xbmc, but did nothing for mpc-hc, is there something else I need to setup?
Well I don't know what happened but it works, this is awesome! Only thing that would make it better is if it had the time remaining like xbmc and mpc-hc remotes do
In the detailed now playing you have the length and position.
You just want the subtraction of the two ?
Tolriq Wrote:In the detailed now playing you have the length and position.
You just want the subtraction of the two ?

yea, i found that after i posted, there seems to be a bug in it though that i reproduced with two different movies. when i go to the part that shows the time remaining on the movie and i'm watching a movie through mpc-hc as external player which is always Smile, it subtracts an hour. So for instance an hour and 31 minute movie shows a total time of 31 minutes. i reproduced it with two different movies. when i played the movie through the internal player on xbmc, the time showed correctly.

a few things i noticed are below compared to the original remote. let me just say once again that this thing is awesome!!!!

on the original remote there is a menu button, it seems there is no menu button on this remote?

like if you are playing a movie through the xbmc internal player, no way to bring up the audio and video settings.

also the buttons don't seem to be as sensitive as they are on the xbmc remote.

also the layout seems a bit cluttered compared to the original remote.

it says something about theme in the settings but only seems to have a default theme, are there other themes to download anywhere?

also, I can't find a way to go between the "now playing" screen that shows the time and back to the remote section without exiting and going back into the remote, maybe i'm not finding the right part.

it would be cool if the now playing wallpaper could be on the back of the remote too but maybe that would be too cluttered.
This is not the right thread to talk about the widget, i don't want to make pub on this thread, i was just giving you a solution for mpc Smile

So after my answer if you can answer in the official thread thanks.

Edit : The time in next version will be corrected, a stupid divide error Smile

For the menu button you can press the home button when something is playing. And if you just want to change audio or subs there's direct buttons on the now playing.

About layout it's a point of view, I've got a lot of positive feedback on the current choice Smile

There's no new theme for the moment, will come when finished Smile

You can swipe left / right between remote and now playing.

For the wallpaper, it really doesn't look good to put the fanart in the remote screen.
Tolriq Wrote:This is not the right thread to talk about the widget, i don't want to make pub on this thread, i was just giving you a solution for mpc Smile

So after my answer if you can answer in the official thread thanks.

Edit : The time in next version will be corrected, a stupid divide error Smile

For the menu button you can press the home button when something is playing. And if you just want to change audio or subs there's direct buttons on the now playing.

About layout it's a point of view, I've got a lot of positive feedback on the current choice Smile

There's no new theme for the moment, will come when finished Smile

You can swipe left / right between remote and now playing.

For the wallpaper, it really doesn't look good to put the fanart in the remote screen.

thank you for the answers, i'll be playing with it more tonight, so nice not having to flip between remotes.

could you point me to the official thread?
Hello,
Been working on this for 2 days and I am stuck.. I can not for the life of me get the Yatse Widget to pause a movie when it is playing with MPC-HC. I have managed to get everything else working correctly. Could use some help.

- Zeosstud
Thought I would try this again being 4 years later. I see a number of software remotes etc have support for Kodi/VLC etc Is it now possible to remap mpc-hc to use the commands from those remotes? I"m using smart remote for android right now to control everything except mpc-hc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
possible to remap remote to work with mpc-hc0