Big troubles with nvidia 295.20 on 10.4LTS
Hello all,

Experience enables to recognize a mistake when we do it again ... So again, I decided to apply the last updates on my Ubuntu 10.4 LTS, running XBMC on a ION hardware. Again, it was a bad idea ...

I was happy to see a new "certified" nvidia driver 295.20 and want to try it.

Now, I'm no more able to leave a video without freezing XBMC (SD or HD). In fact, the process which run the video doesn't stop, so I have to kill it manually to get the XBMC menu back. Not very user friendly ...

Some other people have the same problem with this driver so be carefull. And if someone has a cool tuto to downgrade nvidia driver to the previous one (290.10) ... please don't hesitate !

Regards
I guess you have enabled "sync playback to display" and don't run Eden beta. XBMC uses nvidia-settings in order to determine refresh rate. We noticed that this process does hang. Eden has a fix for this.
Yes FernetMenta, you're right ! I use Dharma and the "sync to display" is activated in XBMC. I set it off and it doesn't hang any more when leaving a video.

Thanks a lot !

So it is fixed in the Eden version ?
Yes, we worked around this issue. nvidia-settings might still hang but does not harm XBMC anymore.
Thanks a lot, another good reason to wait for Eden :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Big troubles with nvidia 295.20 on 10.4LTS0